A sports car in a luxury SUV suit!
It's rare to experience a vehicle like the Porsche Cayenne. The Cayenne delivers sports-car performance with seating for five plus a host of luxury and convenience features. So if you're looking to take performance and comfort to the next level, you should definitely take a look at the stylish Porsche Cayenne.
While we currently do not have many 2020 Porsche Cayennes on our lots, we look forward to selling more in the future. And if you love the 2020 model, you should also consider prior model years of the Porsche Cayenne with similar features.
Here's what you'll learn in this 2020 Porsche Cayenne review:
Key Specs & Features
- The 2020 Porsche Cayenne with AWD and the 3.0L turbocharged V6 engine gets an EPA-estimated 20 mpg combined city/highway.1
- 60.3 cu-ft with the rear seats folded
- 27.2 cu-ft with all seats in place
- The 2020 Porsche Cayenne's towing capacity is an estimated 7,716 lbs. for all trim levels and engine options, when properly equipped.2
- The 2020 Porsche Cayenne can seat up to five people with its two rows of seating.
- The base 2020 Porsche Cayenne comes with a standard 3.0L turbocharged V6 engine putting out 335-hp.
- The E-Hybrid model comes with a 3.0L turbocharged plug-in E-hybrid V6 engine rated at 455-hp.
- The Cayenne S is equipped with a 434-hp 2.9L twin-turbocharged V6 engine.
- The Cayenne Turbo comes with an impressive 4.0L twin-turbocharged V8 engine with 541-hp.
- The top trim Cayenne Turbo S E-Hybrid comes with a 4.0L twin-turbocharged plug-in E-hybrid V8 engine with a massive 670-hp.
- 12.3-inch high-definition center touchscreen infotainment screen
- Two configurable seven-inch displays in front of the driver with an analog tachometer
- Standard Apple CarPlay® and SiriusXM® satellite radio
- Choose from an optional 14-speaker Bose® audio system or an optional 21-speaker Burmester® 3D sound system
The Porsche Cayenne has a strong sales history at CarMax. It has been featured in these ranking lists:
5 Reasons to Buy
1. OFF-ROAD CAPABLE AWD
With both all-wheel-drive and Porsche's Stability Management (PSM) systems standard on all 2020 Cayenne models, you'll get peace of mind when the weather turns. The base model offers an impressive 8.4 inches of ground clearance that can be raised by almost an inch and a half via the air suspension system. That means the Cayenne can take you places you never expected — both on and off the road.
2. THE LATEST TECH
With a large center-mounted 12.3-inch high-definition touchscreen, as well as two seven-inch configurable displays, you'll have a commanding view of all the right information. You can also expect the latest hybrid technology under the hood as well. Both the Cayenne E-Hybrid and Turbo S E-Hybrid come with a 134-hp electric motor and a 14.1-kWh lithium-ion battery featuring an on-board charger.
3. SPORTS-CAR PERFORMANCE
Porsche's performance focus is apparent in the standard 335-hp turbocharged 3.0L V6 engine. However, if you take a look at the E-hybrid model you'll get 455 hp and the S trim is equipped with an impressive 434 hp. At the top of the trim levels, the Turbo Cayenne has 541 hp from its twin-turbo V8, and top-of-the-line Turbo S E-Hybrid adds a 134-hp electric motor for a total of 670 hp. This means you can have sports-car performance in a practical five-seater SUV; checking all the right boxes!
4. INTERIOR ROOM
The Cayenne is more than just a performance machine, it also seats five across its two rows of seating. Plus, with a maximum cargo capacity of 60.3 cu-ft with the rear seats folded, the Cayenne might just be the quickest way to the home improvement store. So, if you want a sports-car-like experience in an SUV package with room for people and stuff, the Cayenne is an excellent option.
5. LUXURY FEATURES
If you're after a luxury SUV, you're probably looking for more than just a big engine, and the Cayenne delivers. All models feature standard leather seating and eight-way power front seats. The list of luxury upgrades is impressive as well. You can opt for 18-way adjustable seats with heating and ventilation, there is even an available massage function. So not only will you get to your destination quickly, you'll do it in extra comfort.
What You Need To Know
The 2020 Porsche Cayenne comes in five available trim configurations:
- Cayenne E-Hybrid: Adds the 3.0L plug-in hybrid engine with 455-hp.
- Cayenne S: Adds standard features like a panoramic power moonroof, and quad-exhaust, as well as a 434 hp 2.9L twin-turbocharged V6 engine.
- Cayenne Turbo: Equipped with a 541-hp 4.0L twin-turbocharged V8 as well as 21-inch wheels, automatic headlights, 18-way full-leather front seats, Alcantara headliner, Bose 14-speaker premium audio system, power moonroof, and more.
- Cayenne Turbo S E-Hybrid: Adds a 67-hp 4.0L twin-turbocharged V8 E-hybrid engine plus 21-inch aerodynamic wheels, high-performance Porsche Ceramic Composite Brakes (PCCB), the Sport Chrono Package, 18-way front seats, and much more.
The 2020 Porsche Cayenne is available in the following 12 colors:
- Biscay Blue Metallic
- Carrara White Metallic
- Cashmere Beige Metallic
- Dolomite Silver Metallic
- Jet Black Metallic
- Lava Orange
- Mahogany Metallic
- Moonlight Blue Metallic
- Quartzite Grey Metallic
The 2020 Porsche Cayenne is available with tons of great interior features:
- Standard partial leather in black or grey on the base model with optional two-tone leather and optional premium "club" leather.
- Standard eight-way power front seats on the base trim with optional 14-way comfort seats or 18-way sport seats. Both are further optioned with heating, ventilation, and a massaging function.
- Dual-zone climate control is standard on the base trim with optional four-zone climate control available.
Average CarMax Prices
The 2020 Porsche Cayenne is a newer model year and we currently have a limited number in our inventory. Pricing data for this model at CarMax is currently unavailable. See below to learn more about previous model years.
Similar Model Years
If you like the 2020 Porsche Cayenne, check out some previous model years of this vehicle with similar features.
If you're interested in the 2020 Porsche Cayenne, you should also check out these similar vehicles from previous model years.
The BMW X5 was one of the pioneers of the luxury SUV segment. In production since 1999, the X5 has continued to evolve over its four generations into an impressive machine. The X5 comes with a host of great luxury and tech features including standard AWD and a turbocharged 3.0L inline six-cylinder engine with 335 hp (2019 onward). Regardless of whether you find an X5 with two rows or the optional third-row seating, it makes a great people mover.
For the 2019 model year, look for standard features like:
- Two 12.3-inch screens with Apple CarPlay integration
- Adaptive LED headlights with automatic high beams
- Heated power-folding side mirrors
- Leatherette upholstery
- Panoramic moonroof
- Front and rear parking sensors
The Land Rover Range Rover Velar is a great luxury SUV that delivers a mix of well-appointed luxury and Land Rover off-road capability. The high-end Velar began production in 2018 and is a distinctive midsize SUV with striking good looks. Powered by a standard turbocharged 2.0L four-cylinder with 247 hp (2019 onward), the Velar began offering standard Adaptive Dynamics system for the 2019 model year as well as optional Apple CarPlay and Android Auto™. Look for other great standard features on the 2019 Velar including:
- Simulated leather upholstery
- Two 10-inch infotainment touchscreens
- Adaptive suspension dampers
- Panoramic sunroof
- LED headlights
- Dual-zone climate control
If you are looking for a compact SUV that's fun to drive and luxury-focused, check out the Audi Q3. The subcompact luxury Q3 has been available in the U.S. since 2015 and comes with the peace of mind thanks to standard Quattro® AWD and a host of luxury and convenience features. All 2018–2020 Q3 models are powered by a turbocharged 2.0L four-cylinder engine with 228 hp. The 2018–2019 Q3 comes with great standard equipment like:
- Leather upholstery with heated front seats
- LED exterior lighting
- 8.8-inch touchscreen
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone integration
- Forward collision warning with automatic emergency braking
The Bottom Line
The 2020 Porsche Cayenne offers sports-car levels of performance in a great midsize luxury SUV package. Take a look at its impressive list of performance, luxury, and convenience features to choose from. The Cayenne is a great option in the luxury SUV segment!
Want to learn more about the Porsche Cayenne and similar vehicles? Check out this related article:
1Fuel economy figures are based on EPA estimates when vehicles sold as new. Fuel economy may vary for reasons like driving conditions and vehicle history. Unless specified, figures are for vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission. See fueleconomy.gov for details.
2Various factors may impact towing capacity, including weight of passengers, cargo, and options/accessories.
Unless otherwise noted, information related to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.