Classic muscle car styling with a modern edge.
Balancing striking looks with athletic power and responsive handling, the 2021 Chevrolet Camaro is what muscle car dreams are made of. Part of the sixth generation introduced in 2016, this sports coupe commands the road with its potent performance, stylish looks, and thunderous growl. The 2021 model also includes connectivity features like wireless smartphone functionality, so you can enjoy your tech with no strings attached.
While we currently do not have many 2021 Chevrolet Camaros on our lots, we look forward to selling more in the future. If you love the 2021 model, you should also consider prior model years of the Chevrolet Camaro with similar features.
Here's what you'll learn in this 2021 Chevrolet Camaro review:
Key Specs and Features
- The 2021 Chevrolet Camaro with RWD, 2.0L engine, and automatic transmission gets an EPA-estimated 25 mpg combined (22 mpg with manual transmission).2
- The 2021 Chevrolet Camaro with RWD, 3.6L engine, and automatic transmission gets an EPA-estimated 22 mpg combined (20 mpg with manual transmission).2
- The 2021 Chevrolet Camaro with RWD, 6.2L engine, and automatic transmission gets an EPA-estimated 20 mpg combined (19 mpg with manual transmission).2
- The 2021 Chevrolet Camaro with RWD, supercharged 6.2L engine, and automatic transmission gets an EPA-estimated 16 mpg combined (16 mpg with manual transmission).2
- 9.1 cubic feet of trunk space (coupe models)
- 7.3 cubic feet of trunk space (convertible models)
- Seats four passengers
- Turbocharged 2.0L four-cylinder with 275 hp and 295 lb.-ft. of torque (standard on Camaro LS and LT)
- 3.6L V6 with 335 hp and 284 lb.-ft. of torque (available on Camaro LT)
- 6.2L V8 with 455 hp and 455 lb.-ft. of torque (standard on Camaro LT1 and SS)
- Wireless Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ capability
- Head-up display (standard on 3LT, 2SS, ZL1)
- Navigation system (available on ZL1)
- Infotainment system with seven-inch touchscreen display (standard on LS, LT, LT1)
- Infotainment system with eight-inch touchscreen display (standard on SS, ZL1)
The Chevrolet Camaro has a strong sales history at CarMax. It has been featured in these ranking lists:
- 1st - 10 Best Muscle Cars (2020)
- 2nd - 10 Best Convertible Cars (2020)
- 2nd - 9 Best Affordable Sports Cars (2020)
5 Reasons to Buy
1. Heroic Performance
For 2021, the rear-wheel-drive Camaro offers four engine choices and two transmission options to fulfill your need for daring performance. A turbocharged 275-hp 2.0L four-cylinder comes standard on 2021 Camaro LS and LT models, or you can opt for the 335-hp 3.6L V6 on the LT. A 6.2L V8 with 455 hp and 455 lb.-ft. of torque comes standard on Chevy Camaro SS and LT1 trims, which is designed to launch the sports coupe from zero to 60 mph in 4.3 seconds, when equipped with the manual transmission. The 2021 Chevy Camaro ZL1 uses a supercharged 6.2L V8 to throw down 650 hp and 650 lb.-ft. of torque.
2. Slick Package Options
The 2021 Camaro matches its incredible powertrain options with eight well-equipped trims, offering a vast range of comfort and convenience features to enhance your time on the road. The Camaro boasts a bevy of package options, like the Redline Edition on the LT1, which adds 20-inch black-painted aluminum wheels with red accents, a jet black interior, and red seat belts and knee pads. If you're looking to combine street dominance with track performance, the 1LE Track Package will have you looking and feeling the part.
3. Classic Muscle Car Styling
More than five decades since its unveiling, the 2021 Camaro still looks as stylish as ever. The exterior of the muscle car is accentuated by a large, low aerodynamic grille to create an aggressive-looking sports coupe that'll turn heads as you prowl around town. For 2021, the Camaro features nine eye-catching colors, including a new Wild Cherry Tintcoat. All 2021 models offer a sporty coupe body style, but if you want an open-air experience, opt for a Chevy Camaro convertible on LT1 and higher trims to feel the wind in your hair and the sun on your shoulders.
4. Contemporary Comfort
Iconic muscle car roots meet modern comfort inside the 2021 Camaro. With room for four passengers and 9.1 cubic feet of cargo space with a folding rear bench seat in coupe models, you don't have to sacrifice function for performance. The 2021 base trim comes standard with an eight-way power driver seat and leather-wrapped steering wheel, and the Camaro 2SS adds a heated steering wheel. For days on the track or nights on the town, the Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 includes many race car-inspired standard features, like heated and ventilated performance seats and a heated suede flat-bottom steering wheel.
5. Wireless Technologies
The 2021 Camaro's Chevrolet Infotainment 3 system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility now offers standard wireless functionality, allowing you to connect your smartphone without cords getting in your way. A wireless charging pad is also standard on 2021 Camaro 3LT, 2SS, and ZL1 models, so you can juice up your devices without having to plug them in. Need to stay connected while on the road? The 2021 Camaro comes standard with an available built-in 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot on all trims.3
What You Need to Know
- LS: Includes 18-inch aluminum wheels, eight-way power driver seat, rear vision camera, wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capability, and more.
- 1LT: Adds power-folding convertible top (convertible models only) and six-way power front passenger seat.
- 2LT: Adds dual-zone automatic climate control and heated and ventilated driver and front passenger seats.
- 3LT: Adds driver-seat memory settings, infotainment system with eight-inch touchscreen display, nine-speaker Bose® audio system, wireless device charging, and more.
- LT1: Combines 1LT features, plus 20-inch aluminum wheels, Brembo® brakes, external engine oil cooler, performance suspension, and more.
- 1SS: Adds 20-inch aluminum wheels with summer-only tires, dark tint tail lamps, enhanced powertrain cooling, and more.
- 2SS: Combines 3LT features, plus 6.2L V8 engine.
- ZL1: Adds performance-tuned suspension, Magnetic Ride Control, electronic limited-slip differential, RECARO® performance front bucket seats, and more.
- Red Hot
- Riverside Blue Metallic
- Satin Steel Metallic
- Shadow Gray Metallic
- Summit White
- Wild Cherry Tintcoat
- 9.1 cubic feet of trunk space (coupe models)
- Four-passenger seating
- Power-adjustable driver seat
- Power-adjustable passenger seat (1LT and higher)
- RECARO performance seats (ZLI trim)
Average CarMax Prices
The 2021 Chevrolet Camaro is a newer model year and we currently have a limited number in our inventory. See below for average CarMax prices for previous model years of the Chevrolet Camaro.
- 2011 – Average prices less than $18,5001
- 2012 – Average prices less than $19,5001
- 2013 – Average prices less than $18,0001
- 2014 – Average prices less than $20,5001
- 2015 – Average prices less than $20,0001
- 2016 – Average prices less than $25,5001
- 2017 – Average prices less than $25,5001
- 2018 – Average prices less than $28,0001
- 2019 – Average prices less than $29,0001
- 2020 – Average prices less than $33,5001
Similar Model Years
If you like the 2021 Chevrolet Camaro, check out some previous model years of this vehicle with similar features.
The 2021 Chevrolet Camaro is rated overall 5/5 by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Certain vehicles may have unrepaired safety recalls. Click here to look up a specific vehicle.
Note: These ratings apply to the 2021 Chevrolet Camaro 2DR RWD, 2021 Chevrolet Camaro SS 2DR RWD, and 2021 Chevrolet Camaro LT1 2DR RWD. All other 2021 models are not currently rated.
If you're interested in the 2021 Chevrolet Camaro, you should also check out these similar vehicles from previous model years.
Featuring a slick range of powertrain options, trim levels, and fastback and convertible body styles, the Ford Mustang is an iconic muscle car. The Mustang blends retro styling with modern conveniences and 13.5 cubic feet of cargo space in 2017-2019 fastback models. All 2017-2019 Mustang EcoBoost® and EcoBoost Premium trims use a turbocharged 2.3L four-cylinder to generate 310 hp and 320 lb.-ft. of torque. 2017-2019 Mustang GT and GT Premium trims feature a 5.0L V8 with an available active valve performance exhaust system to customize the pony car's note. Standard features on the 2017-2019 Mustang GT include:
- LED fog lamps
- Hood-vented air extractors
- Raised blade-style decklid spoiler
- Cloth upholstery
- Six-way power driver seat with power lumbar
If you're looking for a muscle car that can handle your commute and let loose on the track, the Dodge Challenger deserves a spot in your driveway. With seating for five passengers and 16.2 cubic feet of trunk volume, the 2017-2019 Challenger is sensible for daily travel. But don't be fooled by its practicality – the Challenger's V6 and V8 engines can go from mild to wild in a moment's notice. All 2017-2019 Challenger SRT® Hellcat trims come standard with:
- Performance-tuned rack and pinion steering with hydraulic power assist
- SRT-tuned Bilstein® three-mode adaptive damping system
- Aluminum hood with center air intake and dual heat extractors
- SRT performance leather-wrapped flat-bottom heated steering wheel
- Laguna leather upholstery with SRT Hellcat logo
With its cool looks, amped-up attitude, and thrilling line-up of engines, the four-door Dodge Charger is a muscle car with authority. 2017-2019 models start with a 3.6L V6 with 292 hp and 260 lb.-ft. of torque, but climbing to the mid-range R/T adds a 370-hp 5.7L V8. The Charger Scat Pack will get your adrenaline pumping with its 6.4L V8 (485 hp and 475 lb.-ft. of torque), four-piston Brembo brakes, and high-performance suspension with Bilstein shocks on 2017-2019 models. And the 2017-2019 Charger SRT Hellcat uses a supercharged 6.2L V8 to attack the asphalt with 707 hp and 650 lb.-ft. of torque. All base-level 2017-2019 Chargers include these standard features:
- 17-inch silver aluminum wheels
- Six-way power driver seat
- 60/40-split folding rear seat
- Uconnect® infotainment system
- Bluetooth® connectivity
The Bottom Line
If you're shopping for a muscle car with potent acceleration, classic looks, and advanced features, the 2021 Chevrolet Camaro has the thrills and frills you want.
Looking to learn more? Check out these related articles:
1Based on prices on carmax.com from January 2, 2019 to June 4, 2020. Actual prices may vary based on your selected model year, features, and trim packages. Prices do not include taxes, tags, titles, and any applicable fees.
2 Fuel economy figures are based on EPA estimates for when vehicle sold as new. Fuel economy may vary for reasons like driving conditions and vehicle history. Unless specified, figures are for vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission. See fueleconomy.gov.
3 Wi-Fi hotspots require a data plan to activate and may also require a compatible device. See the owner's manual or manufacturer website for more information.
Unless otherwise noted, information related to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.