An ideal combination of off-road and on-road capability.
The 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee is a midsize SUV sought after for its practicality, spaciousness, and performance that can accommodate many different needs. Featuring an upscale interior, strong off-road capability, and a diverse engine lineup, the 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee also provides plenty of passenger room for your daily commute, as well as storage for vacations and off-road adventures.
While we currently do not have many 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokees on our lots, we look forward to selling more in the future. If you love the 2021 model, you should also consider prior model years of the Jeep Grand Cherokee with similar features.
Here's what you'll learn in this 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee review:
Key Specs & Features
- The 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee with front-wheel drive and a six-cylinder, 3.6L engine with automatic transmission gets an EPA-estimated 21 mpg combined.1
- 36.3 cubic feet behind the rear seats
- 68.3 cubic feet with the rear seats folded down
- The 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee with a six-cylinder, 3.6L engine can tow an estimated 6,200 lbs., when properly equipped.2
- The 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee can seat up to five passengers.
- 295-horsepower, 3.6L V6 engine (All trims except SRT and Trackhawk)
- 360-horsepower, 5.7L V8 engine (Available on Trailhawk, Overland, and Summit)
- 475-horsepower, 6.4L V8 engine (SRT)
- 707-horsepower, supercharged 6.2L V8 engine (Trackhawk)
- Rear parking sensors
- Blind-spot monitor
- Infotainment system with touchscreen
- Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ compatibility
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
The Jeep Grand Cherokee has a strong sales history at CarMax. It has been featured in these ranking lists:
5 Reasons to Buy
1. Wide Range of Engine Options
It's great to have multiple engine options when buying a vehicle, and the 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee provides that flexibility. A 295-horsepower, 3.6L V6 engine comes standard on most trims; a 475-horsepower, 6.4L V8 engine is standard on the SRT trim, and the high-performance turbocharged 707-horsepower, 6.2L V8 is standard on the trim-topping Trackhawk. If you prefer, you can shop for a model with the available 360-horsepower, 5.7L V8 on the Trailhawk, Overland, and Summit trims.
2. Off-Road Capability
With the 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee, you'll get a vehicle that's ready for off-road adventures. Four-wheel drive—designed to improve traction on rough terrain—is available on all trims, and standard on the Trackhawk. All trims are configured for ideal maneuverability to conquer a range of obstacles and weather conditions. The Trailhawk trim is specially designed for off-road driving, with the Quadra-Drive® II suspension system that allows you to switch between sand, mud, snow, rock, and auto modes. The system is designed to adjust to the terrain, and it can increase ground clearance up to 10.8 inches.
3. Lots of Tech Features
The 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee is a practical and convenient vehicle that can provide a comfortable and entertaining ride for all your passengers. This well-equipped SUV comes standard with an infotainment system that's compatible with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, and can be accessed through a seven-inch touchscreen. Navigation, Bluetooth® connectivity, and integrated voice command are also standard. Plus, the Jeep Grand Cherokee is equipped with useful driver-assistance features such as blind-spot monitoring, rear cross-path detection, and rear park assist.
4. Ample Room for Passengers and Storage
The 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee offers an abundance of room for passengers as well as cargo. There's 36.3 cubic feet of room for cargo behind the rear seats; when you fold them down, the cargo volume extends to 63 cubic feet. That means you can easily fit a couple of large suitcases or sporting equipment, as well as lots of groceries. The 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee can seat five passengers comfortably, with a total passenger volume of 105 cubic feet, 40.3 cubic feet of front legroom, and 38.6 cubic feet of legroom in the back.
5. Impressive Interior Features
The 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee boasts an upscale interior, with quality materials and lots of convenience features. The cabin is lined with soft-touch materials and leather details on the dashboard, armrests, and upper door panels. A six-speaker audio system and a seven-inch touchscreen infotainment system are also part of the 2021 Grand Cherokee's standard equipment. Features such as Bluetooth connectivity, satellite radio, and USB ports enhance the riding experience.
What You Need to Know
- Laredo: Includes dual-zone automatic climate control, blind-spot monitoring, infotainment system with seven-inch touchscreen, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto integration, and 18-inch wheels.
- Limited: Unlocks an 8.4-inch touchscreen, sunroof, power liftgate, leather upholstery, heated front seats, heated steering wheel, and more.
- Trailhawk: Adds all-terrain tires, heated rear seats, different driving modes depending on the terrain, enhanced air suspension tuned for off-road, and more.
- Overland: Includes power-adjustable steering column, 20-inch wheels, leather-trimmed seats, Mopar® slush mats, cargo-area liner, and bright pedal kit.
- Summit: Includes adaptive cruise control, parallel parking assist, forward collision mitigation, leather-trimmed bucket seats, and more.
- SRT: Unlocks leather/perforated suede SRT® seats, 20-inch aluminum tires, high-performance suspension, and sport front seats.
- Trackhawk: Includes Nappa leather performance seats, a 6.2L supercharged HEMI® V8 SRT engine, competition suspension, 20-inch black satin aluminum wheels, and more.
- Billet Silver Metallic Clearcoat
- Bright White Clearcoat
- Diamond Black Crystal Pearlcoat
- Granite Crystal Metallic Clearcoat
- Green Metallic Clearcoat (Trailhawk, SRT, and Trackhawk)
- Sangria Metallic Clearcoat (All trims except Laredo)
- Slate Blue Pearlcoat (All trims except Laredo)
- Sting-Gray Clearcoat
- Velvet Red Pearlcoat
- Walnut Brown Metallic Clearcoat
- 36.3 cubic feet of cargo capacity behind the rear seats; 68.3 cubic feet with the rear seats folded down
- Maximum seating capacity of five
- Infotainment system with touchscreen
- Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ integration
- Power reclining driver seat, eight-way power-adjustable driver seat, front bucket seats, and chrome interior accents
Average CarMax Prices
The 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee is a newer model year and we currently have a limited number in our inventory. See below for average CarMax prices for previous model years of the Jeep Grand Cherokee.
- 2012 - Average prices less than $18,0003
- 2013 - Average prices less than $18,5003
- 2014 - Average prices less than $21,0003
- 2015 - Average prices less than $23,5003
- 2016 - Average prices less than $24,5003
- 2017 - Average prices less than $26,0003
- 2018 - Average prices less than $29,0003
- 2019 - Average prices less than $31,5003
- 2020 - Average prices less than $34,0003
Similar Model Years
If you like the 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee, check out some previous model years of this vehicle with similar features.
Safety and Reliability
The 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4WD received overall 5/5 by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Certain vehicles may have unrepaired safety recalls. Click here to look up a specific vehicle.
If you're interested in the 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee, you should also check out these similar vehicles from previous model years.
If you're looking for an off-road vehicle to serve you in a variety of surface and weather conditions, the Jeep Wrangler is a great choice. This compact SUV is known for its strength and capability. The base trims of 2017-2019 models are powered by a 3.6L V6 engine that delivers 285 horsepower; more powerful, turbocharged engines are available on select trims. Four-wheel drive is standard across the lineup. Highlights of the 2017-2019 Jeep Wrangler include:
- Rearview camera
- Infotainment system with five-inch touchscreen
- Bluetooth connectivity
- 17-inch steel wheels
The Jeep Liberty was in production from 2002-2012. This small SUV is a well-rounded compact vehicle for your daily needs and can also provide satisfactory off-road performance. The most recent model year, 2012, is equipped with a 226-horsepower V6 engine. Standard features on the 2012 Jeep Liberty include:
- Keyless entry
- Cruise control
- Adjustable steering wheel
- Bucket seats
- Brake assist
If you're looking for a large vehicle with lots of interior room, the Jeep Cherokee is a great choice. This compact SUV offers seating for five passengers, as well as an upscale interior with plenty of amenities and tech features. 2017-2019 models are part of the fifth generation that was introduced for the 2014 model year. Base trims are powered by a 2.4L four-cylinder engine with 184 hp. Standard features on the 2017-2019 Jeep Cherokee include:
- Back-up camera
- Cruise control
- Daytime running lights
- Five-inch touchscreen infotainment system
The Bottom Line
Whether you're searching for a vehicle for your daily commute or a strong off-road SUV, the 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee is designed to deliver. With ample cargo space and a roomy cabin, it's a versatile and practical vehicle that boasts advanced tech features and a stylish exterior.
Looking to learn more about SUVs? Check out these related articles:
1Fuel economy figures are based on EPA estimates when vehicles sold as new. Fuel economy may vary for reasons like driving conditions and vehicle history. Unless specified, figures are for vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission. See fueleconomy.gov for details.
2Various factors may impact towing capacity, including weight of passengers, cargo, and options/accessories.
3Based on prices on carmax.com from January 2, 2019 to June 4, 2020. Actual prices may vary based on your selected model year, features, and trim packages. Prices do not include taxes, tags, titles, and any applicable fees.
Unless otherwise noted, information related to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.