A luxury SUV in a compact package.
The Acura RDX is a powerful and feature-packed compact SUV. Check out our Acura RDX review to learn more.
For those who want a little more space than a sedan offers without going up to a full-size SUV, compact SUVs are ideal. For years, the Acura RDX has been bringing luxury and style to the compact SUV market. To learn more about this great vehicle, check out our Acura RDX review below.
5 Reasons to Buy
1. Punchy Engine
The 2016-2017 Acura RDX comes equipped with a powerful 3.5L V6 engine that is rated for 279 horsepower. Whether you're looking to tow some equipment to the lake or accelerating down the interstate, this extra power is sure to come in handy.
2. Technology Features
Features such as dual-zone climate control, a premium 7-speaker audio system, push-button start, and more come standard on all trims of the 2017 Acura RDX, while features such as a built-in navigation system and solar-sensing climate control are available on upper trims.
3. Plenty of Space for its Class
Offering 26.1 cubic feet of space behind the rear seat and 61.3 cubic feet ;of space with the rear seat folded down, the 2017 Acura RDX provides a generous amount of cargo space for a compact SUV.
4. A Smooth and Quiet Ride
The latest generation Acura RDX is praised for offering smooth handling and minimum cabin noise, making it an enjoyable vehicle to ride in and to drive.
5. Eye-Catching Interior
Featuring premium materials and a well-thought-out design, the interior of the Acura RDX is sure to impress the moment you step inside the vehicle.
What You Need to Know
Acura RDX Average Prices at CarMax1
- 2014-2017: Average prices less than $25,500.
- 2018: Average prices less than $35,000.
2017 Acura RDX Models & Trim Levels
The 2017 Acura RDX comes available in three different trim levels:
- Base - The Base trim of the 2017 Acura RDX features dual-zone climate control, an 8-way power adjustable driver's seat with 2-way memory, a 7-speaker premium audio system, and more!
- Technology - The Technology package of the 2017 Acura RDX features everything found on the Base trim as well as heated second-row seats, a premium 10-speaker audio system, a blind spot information system, and more!
- Elite - The Elite package of the 2017 Acura RDX features everything found on the Technology package as well as front and rear parking sensors, fog lights, ventilated front seats, and more!
2017 Acura RDX Interior and Exterior
Acura RDX Seating Capacity
The Acura RDX is a compact SUV that is capable of seating up to five passengers.
Acura RDX Cargo Space
The 2017 Acura RDX offers a maximum of 61.3 cubic feet of cargo space with the rear seats folded down.
Acura RDX Colors
The 2017 Acura RDX comes in seven color options:
- Basque Red Pearl II
- Crystal Black Pearl
- Kona Coffee Metallic
- Lunar Silver Metallic
- Modern Steel Metallic
- Obsidian Blue Pearl
- White Diamond Pearl
Acura RDX Engine & Transmission
The 2017 Acura RDX is powered by a 3.5L V6 engine that is rated for 279 hp. This engine is paired with a six-speed automatic transmission.
Key Specs and Features
- The standard engine in the 2017 Acura RDX is rated for 279 horsepower.
- The 2017 AWD Acura RDX's 3.5L V6 engine gets an EPA estimated 23 mpg combined city/highway2.
- The 2017 Acura RDX offers 61.3 cubic feet of cargo space with the rear seats folded down.
- Dual zone climate control comes standard on all trims of the 2017 Acura RDX.
- All trims of the 2017 Acura RDX come equipped with a premium 7-speaker audio system.
- The 2017 Acura RDX comes with premium available features such as remote start, a moonroof, solar-sensing climate control, and more.
Years in Review
2013 Acura RDX - The 2013 Acura RDX marked the beginning of the SUV's second generation. For the 2013 Acura RDX, Acura replaced the RDX's turbocharged four-cylinder engine with a 3.5L V6. The 2013 Acura RDX also received a number of technology upgrades and styling redesigns.
2014 Acura RDX - The 2014 Acura RDX remained largely unchanged from the 2013 model but is still renowned for its premium interior, refined handling, and useful technology features.
2015 Acura RDX - No major changes were made to the Acura RDX for the 2015 model.
2016 Acura RDX - The Acura RDX received a facelift in 2016, with Acura adding a few updates to the vehicle's exterior styling, revising the engine to produce more horsepower (a total of 279 hp for this model), and adding in a few new technology tech feature options such as adaptive cruise control and lane-keeping assist.
2017 Acura RDX - No major changes were made to the Acura RDX for the 2017 model.
2018 Acura RDX - The 2018 Acura RDX marked the end of the vehicle's second generation, and no major changes were made between the 2017-2018 models.
The Acura RDX is an SUV that is small in size but big in power and features. If you're in the market for a luxury SUV that is nimble and compact yet roomy and powerful, the Acura RDX is an excellent vehicle to consider.
1Fuel economy figures are based on EPA estimates when vehicles sold as new. Fuel economy may vary for reasons like driving conditions and vehicle history. Unless specified, figures are for vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission. See fueleconomy.gov for details.
2Based on CarMax average prices between August 1, 2018 through January 31, 2019. Actual prices may vary based on your selected model year, features and trim packages. Prices do not include tax, title, tags, and any applicable fees.
Unless otherwise noted, information relating to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.