Used Chevrolet Malibu Limited for Sale
About the Chevrolet Malibu Limited
Sometimes, when vehicles are in between generations, automakers release a value-oriented version of the previous generation while the redesigned model is being finished up. The Chevrolet Malibu Limited is exactly that; a carryover from the 2015 Malibu as the ninth generation (2016-2020) was preparing to launch.
This five-passenger midsize sedan can be a great pick if you're looking for a sensible family car. Equipped with a standard 2.5L four-cylinder engine and standard features like a power driver seat, Bluetooth® connectivity, and a six-speaker sound system, this vehicle is ready for the road ahead. For cargo storage, the 2016 Malibu Limited also boasts a spacious 16.3 cubic feet of trunk space. And if you're looking for more creature comforts, be sure to check out the LTZ trim, which offers standard equipment like leather upholstery and automatic dual-zone climate control.
Unless otherwise noted, information related to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.
Q: What is the difference between the Chevrolet Malibu and the Malibu Limited?
A: The Malibu Limited is a carryover version of the 2015 Chevrolet Malibu offered exclusively for the 2016 model year.
Q: Does Chevrolet still make the Malibu Limited?
A: No, the Malibu Limited was only available for 2016; however, the Chevrolet Malibu is still in production as of the 2020 model year.
Q: What engine is in a Malibu Limited?
A: The 2016 Malibu Limited is outfitted with a 2.5L four-cylinder engine.
Q: What is a Malibu Limited LTZ?
A: The LTZ is the top-tier trim offered on the Chevrolet Malibu Limited.
Chevrolet Malibu Limited Trim Configurations
Under the hood, every Chevrolet Malibu Limited offers a 2.5L four-cylinder engine at 197 hp; this is combined with a six-speed automatic transmission and front-wheel drive.
Three trims are offered on the 2016 Limited: the base LS, LT, and LTZ. Check out some key features for yourself below.
- 16-inch alloy wheels
- Cloth upholstery
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Six-speaker sound system
- Automatic headlights
- Ambient cabin lighting
- Seven-inch touchscreen interface
- Smartphone integration
- Heated mirrors
- Auxiliary audio jack
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- Automatic dual-zone climate control
- Leather upholstery
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shifter
- Eight-way power front seats
RepairPal gave the Chevrolet Malibu Limited an overall reliability rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars, which RepairPal describes as Excellent. This rating ranks the Chevrolet Malibu Limited 2nd out of 31 among Midsize Cars.
- Cost RepairPal reports that the average total annual cost for repairs and maintenance on a Chevrolet Malibu Limited is $376, compared to an average of $405 for Midsize Cars and $556 for all the vehicles RepairPal considered in its dataset.
- Frequency According to RepairPal, Chevrolet Malibu Limited owners bring their vehicles into a repair shop for unscheduled repairs an average of 0.3 times per year, compared to an average of 0.8 times for Midsize Cars and 1.4 times for all the vehicle models RepairPal considered in its dataset.
- Severity RepairPal reported that the probability of a repair being a severe or major issue is 7% for the Chevrolet Malibu Limited, compared to an average of 9% for Midsize Cars and 12% for all the vehicles RepairPal considered in its dataset.
RepairPal Reliability Ratings are based on the actual cost, frequency, and severity of unscheduled repairs and maintenance on make/model data for select 2006-2020 vehicles. The reliability of a specific vehicle may vary depending on its maintenance and driving history, model year, trim, and features.
*RepairPal Reliability Ratings are provided by RepairPal and CarMax is not responsible for their accuracy. These ratings are based on RepairPal Reliability data as of 09/01/2021. Learn more.
Reviews for Chevrolet Malibu Limited
Good car but there were a few things broken
I like the Chevy Malibu, but when I bought it from Carmax there are several things that were broken that I didn't notice immediately. Now it's after the 30-day warranty period and there's nothing I can do about it.
- Ride and Handling:
- Fuel Economy:
- Technology and Entertainment:
This car is great and I got it for a great price.
This car has great gas mileage and it rides smooth. I love the leather interior and it has all the bells and whistles except for navigation but that’s what phones are for.
- Fuel Economy: I get 450 miles on a 15 gallon tank.
- Ride and Handling: Rides smooth
- Cost to Maintain: Doesn’t cost that much to maintain.
great great great
amazing experience no hassle i love my car Carmax is always helpful and take responsibility I worked work Godfrey I hope he’s still there when i upgrade. he was awesome and the auto shop personnel as well he was awesome to fix and give me a loner. they staff genuinely are sweet. i hate I forgot his name I would love to give him a special shout out too. but go see Godfrey
- Fuel Economy:
- Weather Versatility:
This price does not include tax, title, and tags. Additional fees may also apply depending on the state of purchase.