Used Nissan Frontier for Sale
About the Nissan Frontier
Since the first Nissan Frontier model was unveiled in 1997, the Frontier has become one of Nissan's most popular pickup trucks. No matter what you are looking for in a truck, the Frontier is a great option.
Unless otherwise noted, information relating to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.
2014 - Present Nissan Frontier Trim Configurations
Nissan began offering the third generation of the Nissan Frontier starting with the 2014 model. The third generation Nissan Frontier comes available in two different engine options: 4.0L V6 and a 2.5L 4-cylinder engine. The Nissan Frontier's 4.0L V6 engine is rated for 261 hp while the 2.5L 4-cylinder engine is rated for 152 hp.
The third generation Nissan Frontier is known among pickup enthusiasts for being a hard-working truck that offers a wide range of options, user-friendly technology, and a comfortable ride. The cabin is surprisingly roomy for a small pickup truck, and the Nissan Frontier features a number of technology options depending on the trim level and year model that you select. These include goodies like remote keyless entry, blind spot monitoring, color touchscreen displays, and much more.
The third generation Nissan Frontier has been a big hit in the entry-level pickup truck market and is certainly a truck well worth considering if you are looking for a stylish truck that is built for adventure.
2014 - Present Trims
The third generation Nissan Frontier has been made available in five different trim levels:
- S - The S trim is the base trim level for all third generation Nissan Frontier models. This trim features a four-speaker audio system, a 2.5L 4-cylinder engine, a Bluetooth® hands-free phone system, and more.
- SV - The SV trim of the Nissan Frontier is available for all third generation Nissan Frontier models. This trim features everything found on the S trim as well as a 4.0L V6 engine, remote keyless entry, a six-speaker audio system, and more.
- Desert Runner - The Desert Runner trim of the Nissan Frontier is available for all third generation Nissan Frontier models. This trim features everything found on the SV trim, as well as white contrast interior stitching, white-faced gauges with satin chrome bezels, embroidered cloth seat trim, and more.
- Pro-4X - The Pro-4X trim of the Nissan Frontier is available for all third generation Nissan Frontier models. This trim features everything found on the Desert Runner trim as well as skid plates and splash guards, fog lights, a factory-applied spray-on bedliner, PRO-4X Bilstein® shocks, and more.
- SL - The SL trim is the highest available trim for all third generation Nissan Frontier models. This trim features everything found on the Pro-4X trim as well as a roofrack with crossbars and step rails, heated front seats, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, and more.
RepairPal gave the Nissan Frontier an overall reliability rating of 4 out of 5 stars, which RepairPal describes as Excellent. This rating ranks the Nissan Frontier 3rd out of 9 among Midsize Trucks.
- Cost RepairPal reports that the average total annual cost for repairs and maintenance on a Nissan Frontier is $431, compared to an average of $433 for Midsize Trucks and $556 for all the vehicles RepairPal considered in its dataset.
- Frequency According to RepairPal, Nissan Frontier owners bring their vehicles into a repair shop for unscheduled repairs an average of 0.7 times per year, compared to an average of 1.1 times for Midsize Trucks and 1.4 times for all the vehicle models RepairPal considered in its dataset.
- Severity RepairPal reported that the probability of a repair being a severe or major issue is 10% for the Nissan Frontier, compared to an average of 12% for Midsize Trucks and 12% for all the vehicles RepairPal considered in its dataset.
RepairPal Reliability Ratings are based on the actual cost, frequency, and severity of unscheduled repairs and maintenance on make/model data for select 2006-2020 vehicles. The reliability of a specific vehicle may vary depending on its maintenance and driving history, model year, trim, and features.
*RepairPal Reliability Ratings are provided by RepairPal and CarMax is not responsible for their accuracy. These ratings are based on RepairPal Reliability data as of 09/01/2021. Learn more.
Reviews for Nissan Frontier
LOOKS WIERD FOR A TRUCK THAT NEVER SOLD FROM DEALER, YET 4 TRANSFERS ON FILE
GOOD RIDE, SO FAR NO MAINTAINENCE ISSUES, REASONABLE GAS MILEAGE, A LITTLE CRAMPED INSIDE SEATING. I'M 6' 2".SHORT ON LEG ROOM. WISH IT CAME WITH FOG LIGHTS. TOLD BY SALESMAN EASY SELF INSTALL BUT HAS NO SWITH.WIRING? called CARMAX 4TIMES TO GET QUOTE ON INSTALLATION PRICE OR CAPABILITY. HAVE NEVER RECEIVED A RESPONSE OR CALL BACK ON THIS.SERVICE DEPT ALWAYS 2 WEEKS OUT NOT AS RESPONSIVE AS I WAS LED TO BELIEVE
- Power: SEEMS TO RUN STRONG GOOD POWER
- Cabin Noise: VERY QUIET RIDE PRETTY GOOD CD SOUND
- Fuel Economy: SO FAR BETTER THAN I EXPECTED
- Seat Comfort: A LITTLE SMALL AND TIGHT ON LONG TRIPS I'M A BIG GUY 6' 2" NOT A LOT OF LEG ROOM
- Visibility: SMALL BLIND SPOTS ON DRIVER & PASSENGER SIDES DUE TO CENTER DOOR FRAME BUT NOT TOO BAD
- Braking: BRAKE AND ACCELERATOR PEDALS FAIRLY CLOSE HAVE HAD A FEW INSTANCES WHERE WENT TO BRAKE, AND PUSHED BOTH PEDALS AND LURCHED FORWARD; FORTUNATELY NOTHING HAPPENED. SEEMS BRAKE PEDAL GOES DOWN FURTHER THAN GAS PEDAL BEFORE ENGAGING. tOOK SOME GRTTING USED TO. TOOK INTO CARMAX FOR CHEKOUT ON TRAVEL WAS
This had been a lease so the title was clear.
The Frontier has extra room since it is extended cab and also has the great doors to get into the back. It is not a full size and that is good for me. It has a 6ft bed with liner. It is easy to drive and does have pretty good gas mileage. I have not taken it up the rockies but climbing the Sierras it has done as I expected it to. Great small PU.
- Interior Space: It is quieter than my old PU
- Ride and Handling: Very easy to handle on curve and straight way.
- Styling: Looks great.
Love this truck!!! CarMax Rocks!!!
It's the top of the line Frontier...Leather, heated seats, 4 full doors w/ seating for 5, great stereo, sun roof, luggage rack, spray-in bed liner & cover, etc... I've owned two King Cab Frontiers since 1981...they're reliable and stand up to a beating. The odometer broke at 20050 miles on the first one and I still drove it 1 1/2 hours each way, five days/week for two more years after & it was till running great when I sold it two years later. I bought the 2nd one brand new in 2015 and it was still in great shape when I traded it for the 2019 two months ago.
- Reliability: I love everything about it
- Cargo Space: All good
- Interior Space: My 6'5 son is a bit cramped in the passenger seat BUT I didn't buy it for him. LOL!
This price does not include tax, title, and tags. Additional fees may also apply depending on the state of purchase.