An exciting and practical SUV.
The 2020 Chevrolet Blazer is a typical modern crossover SUV. It's large enough to provide sufficient and useful space for both passengers and cargo and yet compact enough to drive around town on a daily basis. It also has great off-road capabilities for any adventure you might like to take. It's ideal for families that need a roomy cabin, ample cargo space, and are looking to use the same vehicle for the occasional long-distance road trip or vacation.
While we currently do not have many 2020 Chevrolet Blazers on our lots, we look forward to selling more in the future. Here's what you'll learn in this 2020 Chevrolet Blazer review:
Key Specs & Features
- The AWD 2020 Chevrolet Blazer powered by the 3.6L six-cylinder engine paired to an automatic nine-speed transmission gets an EPA-estimated 21 mpg combined.1
- Interior cargo capacity: 30.5 cubic feet.
- Maximum interior cargo capacity with the rear seats folded down: 62.4 cubic feet.
- The maximum towing capacity of the 3.6L, six-cylinder 2020 Chevrolet Blazer with AWD is an estimated 4,500 lbs. when properly equipped.2
- The 2020 Chevrolet Blazer seats up to five passengers.
- 2.5L four-cylinder, 193 hp
- Turbocharged 2.0L four-cylinder, 230 hp
- 3.6L six-cylinder, 308 hp
- Chevrolet Infotainment 3 System with eight-inch touchscreen
- HD rearview camera
- Forward collision alert available on the RS and Premium trim levels
- Lane-keep assist with lane-departure warning available on the Premium trim
- StabiliTrak, electronic stability control system with traction control
5 Reasons to Buy
1. Available All-Wheel Drive
The 2020 Chevrolet Blazer comes with available all-wheel drive. You can get it as an option on the 2LT, 3LT, RS, and Premium trims. Having all-wheel drive on an SUV can really come in handy, as it enhances the vehicle's off-road capabilities. When all-wheel drive is active, it transfers torque to all wheels automatically and provides additional traction, which is helpful when driving on rough terrain.
2. Roomy Interior
Although it's a midsize crossover SUV, the 2020 Chevrolet Blazer boasts a large and spacious cabin that makes for a comfortable ride for the entire family. It can seat up to five passengers comfortably with its 39.8 inches of front headroom, 41.0 inches of front legroom, and 59.1 inches of front shoulder room. Meanwhile, backseat passengers enjoy 38.6 inches of headroom, 38.6 inches of legroom, and 54.2 inches of hip room. This makes the 2020 Chevrolet Blazer a pretty roomy SUV that can provide a nice riding experience for all its passengers, even on long-distance trips.
3. Abundant Exterior Color Options
Being able to choose between a wide range of exterior color options is a nice bonus that rounds out the entire package. The 2020 Chevrolet Blazer is available in 12 color options. They include flashy, striking colors, as well as more common, unassuming tones, so there is something for all tastes and preferences.
4. Intuitive Infotainment System
On top of the ample cargo and passenger capacity and great off-roading capabilities, which are among the most important aspects for any SUV, the 2020 Chevrolet Blazer has a few more aces up its sleeve. The Chevrolet Infotainment 3 System is one of them. It features an eight-inch touchscreen and comes with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ capability, as well as Bluetooth®2 audio streaming. It's very intuitive and user-friendly, allowing you to easily customize various entertainment and other vehicle settings while on the move.
5. Towing Heavy Loads
Another benefit that comes with the 2020 Chevrolet Blazer is the fact that it has great towing capabilities, as well. The base L trim with front-wheel drive can tow up to 1,500 lbs., whereas the all-wheel-drive models have a maximum towing capacity of an estimated 4,500 lbs. when properly equipped.2 With this kind of capacity, you can easily use the 2020 Chevrolet Blazer for your towing needs.
What You Need to Know
2020 Chevrolet Blazer Available Trims
- L: Comes with 18-inch aluminum wheels, heated side-view mirrors, LED daytime running lights, HD rearview camera, and more.
- 1LT: Includes SiriusXM® satellite radio, road emergency tool kit, 18-inch compact spare tire, eight-way power-adjustable driver seat, six speakers, and much more.
- 2LT: Includes available all-wheel drive, powered by a turbocharged 2.0L, four-cylinder engine, and deep-tinted glass.
- 3LT: Equipped with remote start system, heated front seats, rear cross-traffic alert, power-programmable liftgate, black roof-mounted side rails, and more.
- RS: Comes standard with 20-inch machined-face aluminum wheels, 20-inch all-season blackwall tires, hands-free gesture liftgate, and more.
- Premium: Adds body-color door handles with chrome accents, Bose® premium eight-speaker audio system, cargo management system, and more.
2020 Chevrolet Blazer Available Colors
- Bright Blue Metallic
- Cajun Red Tricoat
- Iridescent Pearl Tricoat
- Midnight Blue Metallic
- Graphite Metallic
- Nightfall Gray Metallic
- Red Hot and Silver
- Ice Metallic
2020 Chevrolet Blazer Interior
- 62.4 cubic feet of cargo space with the rear seats folded down, and 30.5 cubic feet with the rear seats up
- Seats up to five people
- Features the standard Chevrolet Infotainment 3 System with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ and available 4G LTE Wi-Fi® Hotspot,3 as well as the available myChevrolet Mobile App
- Front bucket seats, available heated front seats and leather upholstery, available power-adjustable front seats, concealed cargo storage
2020 Chevrolet Blazer Average CarMax Prices
The 2020 Chevrolet Blazer is a newer model year and we currently have a limited number in our inventory. Pricing data for this model at CarMax is currently unavailable. See below to learn more about previous model years.
Similar Model Years
If you like the 2020 Chevrolet Blazer, check out some previous model years of this vehicle with similar features:
NHTSA Safety Ratings - 2020 Chevrolet Blazer
The 2020 Chevrolet Blazer received overall 5/5 by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Certain vehicles may have unrepaired safety recalls. Click here to look up a specific vehicle.
If you're interested in the 2020 Chevrolet Blazer, you should also check out similar vehicles from previous model years.
2017–2019 Chevrolet Blazer
With a well-designed cabin and lots of useful tech features, the 2017–2019 Chevrolet Blazer is a great crossover SUV that leaves nothing to be desired. It's a stylish vehicle with plenty of cargo space, comes with a standard infotainment system that supports smartphone connectivity, and has enough room to seat up to five people. 2017–2019 models include as standard:
- Chevrolet Infotainment 3 system with an eight-inch touchscreen
- Front bucket seats
- Premium cloth upholstery
- Remote keyless entry
- Remote-activated perimeter/approach lights
The Chevrolet Tahoe is a large SUV that offers a smooth and quiet ride and comes with ample storage room as well. It can seat up to nine people and is available in three trim configurations. Its interior is lined with upscale materials and comes standard with an intuitive infotainment system. 2017–2019 models include as standard:
- Rear parking assist
- Remote engine start
- Smart-device integration
- Power-adjustable driver seat
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
Providing a pleasant ride for all passengers in a roomy cabin filled with tech features, the Chevrolet Equinox is a compact SUV that's well suited for you and your family's day-to-day needs. It can seat up to five people, and thanks to its compact size, it's very convenient for driving in urban areas. All-wheel drive is available on select trims, which makes it a good option for anyone looking for a capable off-road vehicle. 2017–2019 models include as standard:
- Multimedia system with Bluetooth connectivity, as well as Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone integration
- Heated side mirrors
- Automatic headlights
- Remote keyless entry
- Teen Driver system
The Bottom Line
The 2020 Chevrolet Blazer manages to seamlessly combine comfort with utility, resulting in a great family vehicle that can meet various needs. Its compact size makes it a practical and convenient choice for city driving, but it's also a capable off-road vehicle thanks to the available all-wheel drive and powerful engine. To top it all off, the 2020 Chevrolet Blazer boasts a comfortable and spacious cabin with a wide variety of tech features, so it's also suitable for long-distance road trips with the entire family.
Want to learn more about the 2020 Chevrolet Blazer and similar vehicles? Check out these related articles:
1Fuel economy figures are based on EPA estimates when vehicles sold as new. Fuel economy may vary for reasons like driving conditions and vehicle history. Unless specified, figures are for vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission. See fueleconomy.gov for details.
2Various factors may impact towing capacity, including weight of passengers, cargo, and options/accessories.
3Wi-Fi hotspots require a data plan to activate and may also require a compatible device. See the owner's manual or manufacturer website for more information.
4RepairPal Reliability Ratings are provided by RepairPal and CarMax is not responsible for their accuracy. Learn more at repairpal.com/reliability.
Unless otherwise noted, information related to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.