A sleek yet spacious compact car
Offering a spacious, comfortable interior and a pleasant driving experience, the Chevrolet Cruze is a well-rounded compact car that’s great for the daily commute. To learn more about this popular compact car, check out our Chevrolet Cruze review below.
5 Reasons to Buy
1. Great Fuel Economy
The 2017 Chevrolet Cruze gets an estimated 37 mpg combined city/highway when equipped with an automatic transmission and 1.4L turbocharged four-cylinder engine, giving it excellent fuel economy.1
2. Sleek Exterior Styling
There's no denying that the Chevrolet Cruze is an attractive vehicle. For those who prioritize exterior aesthetics, the Chevrolet Cruze is an ideal choice.
3. Smooth, Responsive Handling
The Chevrolet Cruze is a dream to drive, featuring handling that is smooth and responsive. If you are looking for a car that is light and nimble on the road, the Chevrolet Cruze delivers.
4. Exciting Technology Features
The Chevrolet Cruze offers a number of useful features depending on the year model and trim level that you select. Even on the base trim of the 2017 model, you can look forward to features such as remote keyless entry, a 7-inch color touchscreen display, a rearview camera, and more.
5. A Roomy and Comfortable Interior
Despite being a compact car, the interior of the Chevrolet Cruze is both roomy and comfortable, making the Cruze ideal for daily commutes and long road trips alike. This model seats up to five passengers.
What You Need to Know
Chevrolet Cruze CarMax Prices1
- 2014-2017: Average prices less than $14,000.
- 2018: Average prices less than $16,500.
2017 Chevrolet Cruze Models & Trim Levels
The 2017 Chevrolet Cruze comes available in four different trim levels. These trim levels are:
- L - The base trim of the 2017 Chevrolet Cruze, the L trim features a rearview camera, a 7-inch color touchscreen display, remote keyless entry, and more!
- LS - The LS trim of the 2017 Chevrolet Cruze features everything found on the L trim as well as carpeted floor mats, a floor-mounted center console with an armrest, and more!
- LT - The LT trim of the 2017 Chevrolet Cruze features everything found on the LS trim as well as audio and phone controls on the steering wheel, an optional eight-way power adjustable driver's seat, a six-speaker audio system, and more!
- Premier - The Premier trim of the 2017 Chevrolet Cruze features everything found on the LT trim as well as keyless open and start, a heated leather-wrapped steering wheel, heated front seats, and more!
Chevrolet Cruze Interior and Exterior
Chevrolet Cruze Seating Capacity
The Chevrolet Cruze is a compact car that is capable of seating up to five passengers.
Chevrolet Cruze Cargo Space
The 2017 Chevrolet Cruze offers 14.8 cubic feet of cargo space in the trunk of the vehicle.
Chevrolet Cruze Colors
The 2017 Chevrolet Cruze comes in thirteen color options. These color options include:
- Arctic Blue Metallic
- Cajun Red Tincoat
- Graphite Metallic
- Kinetic Blue Metallic
- Mosaic Black Metallic
- Nightfall Gray Metallic
- Orange Burst Metallic
- Pepperdust Metallic
- Red Hot
- Silver Ice Metallic
- Summit White
- Tungsten Metallic
Chevrolet Cruze Engine & Transmission
The 2017 Chevrolet Cruze is powered by a 1.4L DOHC turbocharged four-cylinder engine that is rated for 153 hp. This engine can be paired with a 6-speed manual transmission or a 9-speed automatic transmission.
Key Specs and Features
- The 2017 Chevrolet Cruze is rated for 153 hp when equipped with a 1.4L turbocharged four-cylinder engine.
- The L and LS trims of the 2017 Chevrolet Cruze offer 14.8 cubic feet of cargo space in the trunk of the vehicle.
- The 2017 Chevrolet Cruze gets an estimated 37 mpg combined city/highway when equipped with an automatic transmission and 1.4L turbocharged four-cylinder engine.2
- All trims of the 2017 Chevrolet Cruze come with the following standard features:
- 7-inch color touchscreen display.
- Remote keyless entry.
- All trims of the 2017 Chevrolet Cruze come equipped with a rearview camera.
- All trims of the 2017 Chevrolet Cruze offer teen driver technology features.
Years in Review
2013 Chevrolet Cruze
The 2013 Chevrolet Cruze is popular thanks largely to its smooth handling and high-quality interior. The 2013 model was also the first year that a rearview camera and blindspot monitoring became available options.
2014 Chevrolet Cruze
The 2014 Chevrolet Cruze was largely unchanged from the 2013 model, but did come available in a diesel engine option.
2015 Chevrolet Cruze
The Chevrolet Cruze got an exterior facelift in 2014, with Chevrolet updating the vehicle's front grille and giving the vehicle a more angular design.
2016 Chevrolet Cruze
The Chevrolet Cruze was fully redesigned in 2016, as the vehicle entered into its second generation. The redesign gave the Cruze more power, a number of new technology features, and updated styling.
2017 Chevrolet Cruze
The 2017 Chevrolet Cruze saw no major changes, but does come with teen driver technology and is also offered in both diesel and hatchback models.
2018 Chevrolet Cruze
The 2018 Chevrolet Cruze saw no major changes from the 2017 model.
- 2nd - Best Used Cars under $15,000 (2018)
- 5th - Best Small Cars (2018)
- 9th - Best Cars under $30,000 (2018)
The Chevrolet Cruze is a well-rounded compact car with something to offer for everyone. If you are in the market for a new-to-you daily driver that is easy on fuel and easy on the eyes, the Chevrolet Cruze is an excellent vehicle to consider.
1Fuel economy figures are based on EPA estimates when vehicles sold as new. Fuel economy may vary for reasons like driving conditions and vehicle history. Unless specified, figures are for vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission. See fueleconomy.gov for details.
2Based on CarMax average prices between August 1, 2018 through January 31, 2019. Actual prices may vary based on your selected model year, features and trim packages. Prices do not include tax, title, tags, and any applicable fees.
Unless otherwise noted, information relating to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.