Hit the road in this standout vehicle!
When you're considering a new vehicle, you want one that fits your lifestyle. The Honda Civic is practical, stylish and fun to drive. It's also one of the most versatile cars currently on the market. With many trim levels, you'll find plenty of options that will exceed your expectations. Depending on the model year, the Honda Civic is available in a sedan, coupe and hatchback. Check out our Honda Civic review of the tenth generation of the Honda Civic below:
5 Reasons to Buy
1. Economical ride.
With a reasonable price tag, the Honda Civic provides many options for your lifestyle. Average CarMax price for a 2014-2017 Honda Civic is less than $17,000.1
2. Easy on the gas.
The 2017 Honda Civic, with a 1.5L turbocharged engine, gets an estimated 36 mpg combined city/highway.2
3. Sporty, fun drive.
Recent redesigns of the Honda Civic (2016 onward) have improved appearance, handling and performance.
4. Plenty of room.
The Honda Civic seats up to five passengers and the back seats have plenty of legroom for taller passengers. The 2016-2018 models of the Honda Civic boasts 15.1 cubic feet of cargo space.
5. Plenty of options.
With multiple trim levels and available tech features, you select the right Civic for you. Not only is it offered in three styles (sedan, hatchback, and coupe), but many of its styles are also available in five additional trim levels.
What You Need to Know
Honda Civic Key Specs & Features
Standard features in a tenth-generation (2016-2018) Honda Civic include:
- Automatic climate control
- Rearview camera
- Five-inch touchscreen display
- Bluetooth® connectivity
- Ample trunk space at 15.1
Standard features in the 2017-2018 model of the Honda Civic include:
- Honda LANEWATCH™
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Low-Speed Follow
- Capless fuel filler
Honda Civic Average Prices at CarMax1
- 2014-2017 - Average price less than $17,000.
- 2018 - Average price less than $22,000.
The 2017 Honda Civic has six trim levels:
- LX: Hill start assist gets you where you're going while one-touch turn indicators tell everyone where that is.
- EX (sedan only): Remote-start your vehicle and defrost the mirrors at the touch of a button.
- LX-P (coupe only): Enjoy Smart Entry remote-start while peeling back your power moonroof.
- EX-T: Upgrade to the 174-hp 1.5L turbocharged DOHC four-cylinder engine and 17" alloy wheels.
- EX-L: Adds leather trim and an auto-dimming rear view mirror.
- Touring: Enjoy your ride with standard Honda Sensing™ and satellite navigation.
Interior Features (2017 model)
- Seating surfaces include gray and ivory fabric and leather options, with the sedan including black in both materials and the coupe including black trim with both colors.
- A bevy of driver-assistance feature options include collision and road departure braking mitigation, collision warning, lane-keeping features and adaptive cruise control.
- Power front seats and available heated outboard rear seats give everyone a comfortable ride.
Honda Civic Colors
The 2017 Honda Civic is available in ten different colors.
- Aegean Blue Metallic
- Burgundy Night Pearl (Sedan Only)
- Clear Black Pearl
- Cosmic Blue Metallic (Sedan Only)
- Energy Green Pearl (Coupe Only)
- Lunar Silver Metallic
- Modern Steel Metallic
- Rallye Red
- Taffeta White
- White Orchid Pearl
Honda Civic Rankings
- 2nd - Best Small Cars (2018)
- 1st - Best Manual Transmission Cars (2018)
- 1st - Best Coupe Cars (2018)
- 1st - Car Seat Friendly Cars (2017)
Years in Review
2013 Honda Civic - The 2013 Honda Civic saw a basic refresh, including updated styling, a quieter ride, an improved interior and a longer standard features list. With a sportier look, more luxurious interior, updated suspension and improved tech features, it won the hearts of many car shoppers.
2014 Honda Civic - The 2014 Civic saw some minor changes. A number of premium features were added as options, including an audio system with a 7" touchscreen, LaneWatch® blind spot monitoring, a Smart Entry system including push button start and HondaLink for connected car technology.
2015 Honda Civic - The 2015 Civic saw the addition of a new trim level, SE, providing buyers with additional options between LX and EX in sedans only. The new SE trim level included a range of popular options including a right-side blind-spot camera, 15" alloy wheels, automatic climate control, six-speaker upgraded audio and HondaLink's smartphone integration.
2016 Honda Civic - In 2016, the Civic received a major overhaul to become the tenth generation of the model. With a complete redesign from the ground up, it featured a wide range of changes designed to restore the Civic's sporty past. It introduced two new engines, Honda Sensing for driver assistance, advanced smartphone integration and a more sophisticated cabin.
2017 Honda Civic - Adding new coupe styling as well as a new hatchback option, the 2017 Honda Civic didn't make many other changes following the major redesign in 2016, which is fairly common for a major overhaul. The EX-T trim model offers a six-speed manual transmission and the option for a continuously variable automatic transmission.
2018 Honda Civic - The 2018 Honda Civic continued riding on the success of the 2016 tenth-generation introduction, with some minor stylistic tweaks to keep Civic fans coming back for more.
The Honda Civic checks all the right boxes for those looking for a range of options to fit their lifestyles. With a reasonable price tag, selection of features and colors, the Civic is a great choice for the daily commute or weekend adventure.
1 Based on CarMax average prices between August 1, 2018 through January 31, 2019. Actual prices may vary based on your selected model year, features and trim packages. Prices do not include tax, title, tags, and any applicable fees.
2 Fuel economy figures are based on EPA estimates when vehicles sold as new. Fuel economy may vary for reasons like driving conditions and vehicle history. Unless specified, figures are for vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission. See fueleconomy.gov for details.
Unless otherwise noted, information relating to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.