Used Dodge Durango for Sale
About the Dodge Durango
Combining both luxury and power, the Dodge Durango is a popular SUV with something to offer. Thanks to powerful engine options, a wide range of technology features, exceptional cargo space, and attractive styling, there's a lot to like about the Dodge Durango.
Unless otherwise noted, information relating to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.
2011 - Present Dodge Durango Trim Configurations
Dodge began offering the third generation of the Dodge Durango in 2011 and is still producing the third generation through 2018. After discontinuing the Dodge Durango in 2009, Dodge announced in 2010 that they would begin offering a new generation of the popular SUV.
The third generation Dodge Durango is powered by two different engine options: a 3.6L Pentastar® V6 and a 5.7L HEMI® V8. Both of these engines offer an impressive amount of horsepower, giving the Dodge Durango great acceleration as well as a high towing capacity (up to an estimated 7500 pounds when properly equipped).1 For the 2017 Dodge Durango, the 3.6L V6 engine puts out 295 hp, while the 5.7L V8 engine puts out 360 hp. For 2018, Dodge began offering an SRT trim for the Dodge Durango that is powered by a 6.4-liter V8 engine that is rated for 475 hp.
The third generation Dodge Durango also offers plenty of exciting technology features depending on the year model and trim level that you choose such as remote start, keyless entry, adaptive cruise control, backup cameras, and more.
In 2014, Dodge unveiled updates to both the Dodge Durango's interior and exterior design. These updates included sportier looking lines on the Durango's exterior,LED 'Racetrack' taillights that are similar to the taillights found on the Dodge Charger, a redesigned instrument cluster, steering wheel, shift knob, and a 7-inch display.
In 2016, Dodge increased the torque curve and theVariable Valve Timing in the Dodge Durango's engine is designed to give the SUV better driveability. The Pentastar Upgrade V6 engine for the 2016 Dodge Durango also added stop/start and variable valve lift features. Two new packages were added as well for the Limited and Citadel trims of the 2016 Dodge Durango.
2011 - Present Trims
- Express - The Express trim of the Dodge Durango was the base trim for the 2011 model and was discontinued starting with the 2012 model. This trim featured a 3.6L V6 engine, power mirrors, dual-zone automatic temperature control, and more.
- Crew - The Crew Trim of the third generation Dodge Durango was made available from 2011 - 2013. The Crew trim features everything found on the Express trim as well as remote start, power seats with lumbar adjustment, and a leather-wrapped steering wheel with voice recognition.
- SXT - The SXT trim was first available for the 2012 model and has been available for every model since. For the Durango, the SXT trim features rain brake support, hill start assist, a seven-inch digital gauge cluster, push-button start, and keyless entry.
- Limited - The Limited trim level is a luxury trim level that was available from 2014 - 2016. For the 2016 Dodge Durango, the Limited features heated front seats, heated steering wheel, remote start, and a backup camera.
- GT - Dodge began offering the GT trim of the Dodge Durango in 2017. For the 2017 Dodge Durango, this trim featureseverything found on the SXT trim as well as a driver's seat and exterior mirrors memory system, first and second row heated seats, a rear backup camera, and rear park assist.
- R/T - The R/T trim of the Dodge Durango is available for all third generation models. For the 2017 Dodge Durango, this trim features everything found on the GT trim as well as adaptive cruise control, SiriusXM™ Traffic, and rear load-leveling.
- Citadel - The Citadel trim of the Dodge Durango is available for all third generation models.For the 2017 Dodge Durango, this trim featureseverything foundon the R/T trim as well as heated, chrome mirrors, a Blu-ray rear entertainment system, anAlpine® Premium Audio System with nine speakers, subwoofer, and a 506-watt amplifier.
- SRT - In 2018, Dodge began offering an SRT trim. This trim features a 392 HEMI® V8 engine that delivers 475 hp, a premium leather-wrapped steering wheel, and a BeatsAudio™ Premium Sound System.
1Various factors may impact towing capacity, including weight of passengers, cargo, and options/accessories.
RepairPal gave the Dodge Durango an overall reliability rating of 4 out of 5 stars, which RepairPal describes as Above Average. This rating ranks the Dodge Durango 7th out of 19 among Fullsize SUVs.
- Cost RepairPal reports that the average total annual cost for repairs and maintenance on a Dodge Durango is $553, compared to an average of $561 for Fullsize SUVs and $556 for all the vehicles RepairPal considered in its dataset.
- Frequency According to RepairPal, Dodge Durango owners bring their vehicles into a repair shop for unscheduled repairs an average of 1 times per year, compared to an average of 1.2 times for Fullsize SUVs and 1.4 times for all the vehicle models RepairPal considered in its dataset.
- Severity RepairPal reported that the probability of a repair being a severe or major issue is 13% for the Dodge Durango, compared to an average of 15% for Fullsize SUVs and 12% for all the vehicles RepairPal considered in its dataset.
RepairPal Reliability Ratings are based on the actual cost, frequency, and severity of unscheduled repairs and maintenance on make/model data for select 2006-2020 vehicles. The reliability of a specific vehicle may vary depending on its maintenance and driving history, model year, trim, and features.
*RepairPal Reliability Ratings are provided by RepairPal and CarMax is not responsible for their accuracy. These ratings are based on RepairPal Reliability data as of 09/01/2021. Learn more.
Reviews for Dodge Durango
Limited is just that
Since I’ve had it, I’ve had to change the gas cap kit because my check engine light kept coming on but it was under warranty with under 42k miles. It also has a dime stuck in the SD slot I wasn’t informed about. The truck cutting off to save gas is not a perk for me and I’d rather have the lane departure warning. I payed over the Kelly Blue Book value for it even with low miles. I think I’d rather go for the Citadel but I do enjoy the captain seats. My 2011 Durango Citadel had more features than my Limited but it has dvds in the headrest so I guess that’s ok. I’d be on the fence about buying a 3rd Durango especially from Carmax
- Interior Space: Captain seats
- Seat Comfort: Comfortable seats
- Cabin Noise:
- Cargo Space:
Wonderful family car and great towing capacity!
I LOVE my car. We wanted a car with the optional 3rd row so we can get around with our kids and their friends. We also have a pop-up camper, and we just bought a boat at the end of the summer that requires extra towing capacity. I was concerned that this would be a "utility" vehicle and not a luxury vehicle - but I was totally wrong! The car rides incredibly smoothly, even when towing. The adaptive cruise control is also smooth, not jerky like most others I've been in. All the "extra" features are wonderful too - I live in Wisconsin so the heated steering wheel is lovely!
- Ride and Handling: The ride is luxuriously smooth, even when towing.
- Cargo Space: We have tons of room for our camping and boating gear.
- Power: When towing the boat it doesn't feel like you are towing anything.
Best car I have ever owned. Not kidding!!
This 2014 Dodge Durango Citadel is awesome. I am a 41 year old guy who has owned around 10 cars since I was 16. I like this vehicle more than any other. I got it with the 5.7 liter Hemi. The acceleration is amazing for a large vehicle. The handling is very very good. Its almost like a sports car. I have driven it on snowy roads and it handles perfectly. The interior is well designed and feels top notch. I would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone and everyone. Absolutely amazing.
- Technology and Entertainment: power, handling, interior and exterior styling
- Safety: power
- Safety: styling
This price does not include tax, title, and tags. Additional fees may also apply depending on the state of purchase.