Used Audi A4 for Sale
2017 Audi A4 Premium in Dulles, Virginia 20165
2017 Audi A4 Premium
$21,998* • 55K Miles
CarMax Dulles In stock
2014 Audi A4 Premium in Newark, Delaware 19711
2014 Audi A4 Premium
$17,998* • 59K Miles
CarMax Newark Free shipping • DE to VA
About the Audi A4
The Audi A4 has been in production since 1994. During that time, the A4 has consistently remained one of the most well-liked luxury sedans on the road. With impressive styling, powerful performance, and useful, refined technology, the Audi A4 has plenty to offer for those who are looking for a top-of-the-line sedan.
Unless otherwise noted, information relating to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.
2008 - Present Audi A4 Trim Configurations
The fourth generation of the Audi A4, known as the B8 Series, began with the 2008 model, which Audi unveiled in September 2007. The new generation Audi A4 featured a redesigned body, a lighter weight, and more cargo and passenger space.
The fourth-generation Audi A4 (2008 - 2015) comes in a wide range of engine and transmission options, depending on the exact trim and year model that you choose, including a TDI diesel engine, an inline-four petrol engine, and a V6-petrol engine, as well as both automatic and manual transmission options. Power has always been a priority for the Audi A4. For example, the 2014 Audi A4 comes with a 2.0 TFSI® turbocharged and direct-injected, four-cylinder engine that provides a total of 220 hp.
The Audi A4 has a history of being ahead of its time when it comes to technology features as well. For instance, the Prestige trim of the 2013 Audi A4 features technology such as a 14-speaker Bang & Olufsen® sound system, a parking system with a rearview camera, adaptive cruise control, and more.
The Audi A4 got a facelift in 2012, which saw updates to its exterior such as LED headlights and taillights, twin exhausts, and updates to the interior. This includes a redesigned ignition key, a three-spoke steering wheel, and chrome clasps added to the interior controls.
2008 - 2015 Trims
From 2008 to 2015, the Audi A4 was made available in five different trims:
- 2.0T - The 2.0T trim of the Audi A4 was made available from 2008 to 2012. This trim features a 2.0L turbocharged four-cylinder engine and a range of technology features depending on the year model that you select.
- 3.2T - Available for the 2008 and 2009 Audi A4, the 3.2T trim features a 3.2L V6 engine, driver seat memory, a backup camera, and keyless entry
- Premium - The Premium trim was the base model trim for the Audi A4 from 2013 to 2015. In 2013, this trim offered features such as SiriusXM™ satellite radio, rain/light sensors for automatic headlights and windshield wipers, and automatic climate control.
- Premium Plus - The Premium Plus trim of the Audi A4 offers everything found on the Premium trim, as well as an optional Bang & Olufsen® 14-speaker sound system; Audi music interface with iPod® integration; and power-adjustable, auto-dimming, and heated exterior side mirrors with memory.
- Prestige - The Prestige trim of the Audi A4 offers everything found on the Premium Plus trim as well as adaptive cruise control, Audi side assist, and adaptive xenon plus headlights with LED daytime running light technology.
2016 - Present Trims
Starting with the 2016 model, Audi began the fifth generation B9 Series of the Audi A4. For the fifth-generation Audi A4, the vehicle was made slightly larger, but was also designed to be lighter in weight. The fifth-generation Audi A4 comes equipped with a range of different engines depending on the year model and specific vehicle that you choose, including four-cylinder and V6 engines, as well as petrol and diesel engines.
The fifth-generation Audi A4 comes available in three different trims:
- Premium - The base model trim of the Audi A4 comes with features such as a five-inch monochrome driver information system, a 10-speaker audio system, automatic climate control, a rearview camera, and more.
- Premium Plus -The Premium Plus trim of the Audi A4 offers everything found on the Premium trim as well as a Bang & Olufsen® 3D Sound System with 19 speakers, driver seat memory, heated front seats, full LED headlights, and more.
- Prestige - The Prestige trim of the Audi A4 offers everything found on the Premium Plus trim as well as an Audi virtual cockpit (12.3" LCD fully digital instrument cluster), natural gray oak wood inlays, rear cross traffic alert, parking system with top-view camera system, and more.
RepairPal gave the Audi A4 an overall reliability rating of 3.5 out of 5 stars, which RepairPal describes as Above Average. This rating ranks the Audi A4 14th out of 31 among luxury midsize cars.
- Cost RepairPal reports that the average total annual cost for repairs and maintenance on a Audi A4 is $739, compared to an average of $771 for luxury midsize cars and $719 for all the vehicles RepairPal considered in its dataset.
- Frequency According to RepairPal, Audi A4 owners bring their vehicles into a repair shop for unscheduled repairs an average of 0.4 times per year, compared to an average of 0.7 times for luxury midsize cars and 0.5 times for all the vehicle models RepairPal considered in its dataset.
- Severity RepairPal reported that the probability of a repair being a severe or major issue is 13% for the Audi A4, compared to an average of 12% for luxury midsize cars and 13% for all the vehicles RepairPal considered in its dataset.
RepairPal Reliability Ratings are based on the actual cost, frequency, and severity of unscheduled repairs and maintenance on make/model data for select 2010-2019 vehicles. The reliability of a specific vehicle may vary depending on its maintenance and driving history, model year, trim, and features.
*RepairPal Reliability Ratings are provided by RepairPal and CarMax is not responsible for their accuracy. These ratings are based on RepairPal Reliability data as of 12/31/2018. Learn more.
Reviews for Audi A4
Great car for the cost
Size, power, tech, reliability. Some reviewers say rear seats don't fold down, that is false, they have had rear fold seats since 1995. Apparently some people can't find the releases on top of the rear seats.
Das ist Gut!
This is a fantastic car for me. Plenty of room when I'm visiting multiple markets for work. The CVT transmission does a good job of mimicking traditional sports-shifting while allowing me to get at least 33mpg on the fwy. I love the clean interior with full Bang and Olufsen sound system.
Great all round fun car
This is in my opinion the benchmark of the, advanced, easy to live with, and most fun luxury sports sedan on the market. After browsing rivals, this has the best tech for the price, the most energetic engine and handling, and best overall driving feel. Overall it is a great buy for a traditional sports sedan.
40 Refreshed or Updated Cars for 2017
40 Refreshed or Updated Cars for 2017
10 Best Large SUVs for 2020: Ranked
10 Best Large SUVs for 2020: Ranked
This price does not include tax, title, and tags. Additional fees may also apply depending on the state of purchase.