Used Audi A3 for Sale
About the Audi A3
When it comes to compact sedans, the Audi A3 is in a class all its own.This compact executive vehicle comes in both sedan and convertible body styles to suit your needs, and is well appointed across all model years. Combine that with easy handling and plenty of add-on packages, and you've got a well-rounded vehicle with so much to offer. Whether you're considering an Audi A3 coupe, Audi A3hybrid, or any option in between, this vehicle is a great choice.
Unless otherwise noted, information relating to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.
2013 - Present Audi A3 Trim Configurations
The Audi A3 is currently in its third generation of production, though it has actually been around since the mid 1990s. Since then, its design has changed quite a bit to evolve into the compact executive sedan it is today. Specifically, its third generation of production began in 2012 with some notable changes. For example, at the beginning of this generation's production, an Audi A3 wagon hatchback was available (though this is no longer the case). Today, it is available as both an Audi A3 sedan and Audi A3 cabriolet/convertible.
There have been some significant changes from one model year to the next in this generation as well. While there weren't any major changes between the 2013 and 2014 model years, 2015 saw a total redesign of the Audi A3. For this model year, the hatchback/wagon design was replaced with the four-door sedan option. This was also the first year for the two-door convertible body styling.
In terms of Audi A3 mpg, fuel economy has improved a bit over the years. For reference, the 2018 Audi A3 with 2.0-liter turbocharged engine and base Premium trim gets an estimated 29 mpg combined, whereas the 2013 Audi A3 with 2.0-liter turbocharged engine and Premium trim gets an estimated 24 mpg combined.1
- Premium - 17-inch alloy wheels, dual-zone automatic climate control, 10-speaker sound system, leather upholstery, and satellite radio. This trim also has an optional Bluetooth® Value Package
- Premium Plus - standard Bluetooth Value Package, upgraded interior lighting, aluminum trim, and LED running lights. This trim also has an optional Navigation System Plus Package and Convenience package
For the 2016 model year, new features are added to the Premium trim, including parking sensors and a rearview camera. Heated mirrors and windshield wiper nozzles now come as standard features as well. A new package was also added for this year (known as the "S line").
For the Audi A3 2017, the engine options are simplified. Instead of offering three different engine options, all Audi A3s now come with one turbocharged engine. Other changes include a new seven-speed transmission, as well as standard forward collision mitigation and rear cross-traffic alert. This model year also sees an upgraded infotainment system that both drivers and passengers will appreciate.
For the Audi A3 2018, there are only minor changes that include standard heated front seats and a couple of added USB ports. For the Premium Plus trim, blind-spot monitoring is now included as well. For 2018, there is also an electric drive motor version available known as the Audi A3 e-tron® and the innovative Audi A3 Quattro with all-wheel drive.
- Premium - panoramic sunroof (on the sedan), leather upholstery, standard Bluetooth connectivity, satellite radio, HD radio, dual-zone climate control, and an eight-way power driver seat
- Premium Plus - larger 18-inch wheels, Audi digital music interface, auto-dimming rearview mirror, and keyless entry/ignition
- Prestige - 4G LTEconnectivity with Wi-Fi hotspot, voice controls, navigation with Google Earth, power folding mirrors, lane-keeping assist, and forward collision mitigation
1Fuel economy figures are based on EPA estimates for when vehicle sold as new. Fuel economy may vary for reasons like driving conditions and vehicle history. Unless specified, figures are for vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission. See fueleconomy.gov.
RepairPal gave the Audi A3 an overall reliability rating of 3.5 out of 5 stars, which RepairPal describes as Above Average. This rating ranks the Audi A3 15th out of 23 among Luxury Compact Cars.
- Cost RepairPal reports that the average total annual cost for repairs and maintenance on a Audi A3 is $519, compared to an average of $525 for Luxury Compact Cars and $556 for all the vehicles RepairPal considered in its dataset.
- Frequency According to RepairPal, Audi A3 owners bring their vehicles into a repair shop for unscheduled repairs an average of 2.3 times per year, compared to an average of 2 times for Luxury Compact Cars and 1.4 times for all the vehicle models RepairPal considered in its dataset.
- Severity RepairPal reported that the probability of a repair being a severe or major issue is 10% for the Audi A3, compared to an average of 10% for Luxury Compact Cars and 12% for all the vehicles RepairPal considered in its dataset.
RepairPal Reliability Ratings are based on the actual cost, frequency, and severity of unscheduled repairs and maintenance on make/model data for select 2006-2020 vehicles. The reliability of a specific vehicle may vary depending on its maintenance and driving history, model year, trim, and features.
*RepairPal Reliability Ratings are provided by RepairPal and CarMax is not responsible for their accuracy. These ratings are based on RepairPal Reliability data as of 09/01/2021. Learn more.
Reviews for Audi A3
Audi simply being Audi
This car keeps the Audi general driving experience going. It may be smaller than the a4, a6, a7, and a8 but it doesn’t lose much. The car handles perfectly and the Quattro keeps it going and going when other cars are slowing. The only con is it’s a small car and doesn’t have heads-up display. But it’s a perfect car for my son needs.
- Fuel Economy: over 30 mpg
- Cost to Maintain: not requiring premium fuel
- Ride and Handling: very smooth in curves
- Interior Space: backseat is a tight fit
- Cabin Noise: A little more outside noise than the other Audi cars I have. However it’s not a prestige model package.
- Technology and Entertainment: not the distance control package on auto Cruise
Best Car I’ve Owned
The Audi is some of the finest craftsmanship I’ve driven. This car is so tuned in, it feels as if it floats down the highway. Handles superbly, aerodynamic for great fuel mileage, excellent sound system, and so much more!
- Ride and Handling: Floats on the road, hugs the corners, at any speed.
- Power: Lots of “get up and go”. Even at 80mph, you still have great acceleration to pass if needed.
- Technology and Entertainment: Convenient heads up displays and excellent sound system.
- Interior Space: Lots of room for driver/rider comfort, but don’t drop anything under the seats. I am a small person and my hand got stuck trying to retrieve my phone.
- Cost to Maintain: Engine does recommend premium fuel for top performance, therefore filling a tank can be expensive. Rumor has it repairs are also costly.
- Visibility: Visibility can be an issue only because the car sits so low making it difficult to see around other cars.
I have had this car for about 4 months now and it is great! It is a 4 cylinder so it is great on gas but it is turbo so it has that get up and go! It is sporty but still has plenty of room. The only complaint I have is that the gas cap door won't close. It wasn't a problem for the first month and then all of a sudden, I went to get gas and couldn't open the gas cap. The lock for the gas cap doesn't always turn when I pushed the door in and then once I get it open, it won't always latch back. Overall though, the car is perfect for me.
- Fuel Economy: I drive A LOT for my job and this car is great on gas compared to my Jeep.
- Power: The get up and go is amazing, especially if you put it in sport mode
This price does not include tax, title, and tags. Additional fees may also apply depending on the state of purchase.