Used Toyota Prius c for Sale
2017 Toyota Prius c Four
Free Shipping from CarMax Virginia Beach, VA
About the Toyota Prius C
The smaller cousin of the ever-popular Toyota Prius, the Toyota Prius C is a nimble and capable hybrid subcompact car with plenty of exciting specs and features to offer. After first bringing the Toyota Prius C onto the market as a 2012 model, Toyota continues to produce the first-generation Toyota Prius C, though the model has certainly seen plenty of updates over the years. Today, the Toyota Prius C is a highly popular hybrid car on the used car market, thanks in no small part to its smooth handling, roomy interior, and convenient technology features. If you are in the market for a great hybrid car, the Toyota Prius C is sure to meet your expectations.
Unless otherwise noted, information relating to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.
Q: What's the Difference Between the Toyota Prius and the Prius C?
A: While both the Prius and the Prius C are a part of the Toyota Prius lineup, there are a number of important distinctions between the two models. For example, the Toyota Prius C is slightly smaller than the Toyota Prius, comes equipped with different standard and available technology features, and is powered by a different engine.
Q: What Does the "C" Stand for in Prius C?
A: The "C" in Toyota Prius C stands for "City".
Q: What Kind of Gas Mileage Does the Prius C Get?
A: The 2018 Toyota Prius C gets an EPA estimated 46 mpg combined city/highway when equipped with a 1.5L four-cylinder engine and an automatic transmission.1
Q: Does the Prius C Have a Backup Camera?
A: The 2018-2019 Toyota Prius C comes standard with a backup camera. A backup camera is an available option for the 2015-2017 Toyota Prius.
1Fuel economy figures are based on EPA estimates when vehicles sold as new. Fuel economy may vary for reasons like driving conditions and vehicle history. Unless specified, figures are for vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission. See fueleconomy.gov for details.
Toyota Prius C vs Other Hybrid Cars
2018 Toyota Prius C vs 2018 Toyota Camry Hybrid - The 2018 Toyota Camry Hybrid offers 15.1 cubic ft. of cargo space in the trunk of the vehicle, which is slightly less than the 17.1 cubic ft. of cargo space offered by the 2018 Prius C. The 2018 Toyota Camry Hybrid, however, comes equipped with a 176 hp 2.5L hybrid engine, which is considerably more powerful than the 99 hp 1.5L hybrid engine in the 2018 Toyota Prius C. In terms of interior options and technology features, the 2018 Prius C and the 2018 Camry Hybrid are both quite similar.
2018 Toyota Prius C vs 2018 Honda Accord Hybrid - Offering up to 16.7 cubic ft. of cargo space, the 2018 Honda Accord Hybrid isn't quite as roomy as the 2018 Prius C. The 2018 Accord Hybrid is, however, quite a bit more powerful than the 2018 Prius C, coming equipped with a 212 hp 2.0L hybrid engine. The 2018 Honda Accord Hybrid also features an arguably more premium interior than the 2018 Prius C as well as technology features not found on the 2018 Prius C such as Android Auto™ and Apple CarPlay™ compatibility.
2018 Toyota Prius C vs 2018 Kia Optima Hybrid - The 2018 Kia Optima Hybrid provides 13.4 cubic ft. of cargo space, which is less than you will get with the 2018 Prius C. The 2018 Kia Optima Hybrid does, however, come equipped with a standard 192 hp 2.0L hybrid engine, which is considerably more powerful than the 2018 Prius C's base engine. The interior of the 2018 Kia Optima offers an upscale interior with available full-grain leather trimmed front and rear seat and ambient cabin lighting.
RepairPal gave the Toyota Prius C an overall reliability rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars, which RepairPal describes as Excellent. This rating ranks the Toyota Prius C 2nd out of 21 among subcompact cars.
- Cost RepairPal reports that the average total annual cost for repairs and maintenance on a Toyota Prius C is $383, compared to an average of $520 for subcompact cars and $719 for all the vehicles RepairPal considered in its dataset.
- Frequency According to RepairPal, Toyota Prius C owners bring their vehicles into a repair shop for unscheduled repairs an average of 0.4 times per year, compared to an average of 0.3 times for subcompact cars and 0.5 times for all the vehicle models RepairPal considered in its dataset.
- Severity RepairPal reported that the probability of a repair being a severe or major issue is 7% for the Toyota Prius C, compared to an average of 11% for subcompact cars and 13% for all the vehicles RepairPal considered in its dataset.
RepairPal Reliability Ratings are based on the actual cost, frequency, and severity of unscheduled repairs and maintenance on make/model data for select 2010-2019 vehicles. The reliability of a specific vehicle may vary depending on its maintenance and driving history, model year, trim, and features.
*RepairPal Reliability Ratings are provided by RepairPal and CarMax is not responsible for their accuracy. These ratings are based on RepairPal Reliability data as of 12/31/2018. Learn more.
Reviews for Toyota Prius c
Wonderful car for city driving (high mpg and small footprint).
I've had several Toyota automobiles which have all had excellent service records and reliability. The Prius C is the lowest cost car in the Prius line and provides excellent quality for the money spent. I am over six feet tall and my wife is under 4' 10" and we both fit into the car and are comfortable. Make sure you get the adjustable seat!
- Fuel Economy: Excellent gas mileage.
- Technology and Entertainment: We must move to using less or no fossil fuel
- Cabin Noise: Light cars usually mean noisy cars
- Safety: Numerous air bags and safety features.
- Cost to Maintain: Low cost maintenance
Great commute car only for that purpouse
extraordinary gas saver 50.3 miles per gallon I just pump $19.35 worth of gas every 3.5 weeks I get 452.7 miles per full tank is wonderful the down side very compact for a person 5'9" is very hard to get in or out but once you are inside there is plenty of room leg and the seats are acceptable to be in a trip not more 3 hrs in general if you want save a lots and lots of money in gas and have a extraordinary reliable transportation this is the vehicle for you
- Cost to Maintain: very cheap
- Fuel Economy: 50.3 miles per gallon!!!!
- Reliability: not problems at all 30,000 miles and is 2014
- Cargo Space: no enough cargo space
- Power: not power at all very slow
- Visibility: get foggy inside very easy
Small car with a lot of space on the inside
The Prius has been a great investment. As a commuter, it has already saved me hundreds on gas in the few short month that I have owned it. It is also a very comfortable car to be a compact vehicle. There is plenty of space on the interior. It is a little “loud” meaning that road noises and other vehicles seem very loud while inside the vehicle. But the only thing that I really miss is cruise control.
- Fuel Economy: It has cut my gas bill in half each month.
- Interior Space: It is very roomy on the inside even though it looks very tiny on the outside.
- Cargo Space: When you lay the 2 back seats down, there is a ton of room. Plenty of room for my two adult labs to ride in the back or fit small pieces of furniture.
- Cabin Noise: It does seem loud inside the cabin. Road noises and other vehicles are very noisy.
- Weather Versatility:
This price does not include tax, title, and tags. Additional fees may also apply depending on the state of purchase.