A highly capable and spacious minivan.
If you're looking for a versatile and spacious family car, a minivan is a hard act to beat. Typically much more spacious and practical than many large sedans entry-level SUVs, minivans were designed with the purpose of moving several people and their luggage in comfort.
Celebrating its 25th year of production in 2020, the Honda Odyssey minivan pairs its capable V6 engine with a ten-speed automatic transmission as standard across the range of 2020 models. With three rows of seating, a generous amount of trunk space, and a long features list, the 2020 Honda Odyssey will get you wherever you want to go in spacious and well-equipped comfort.
While we currently do not have many 2020 Honda Odysseys on our lots, we look forward to selling more in the future. Here's what you'll learn in this 2020 Honda Odyssey review:
Key Specs and Features
- The 2020 Odyssey's 3.5L V6 engine gets an EPA-estimated 22 mpg combined, with an estimated 19 mpg in the city and 28 mpg on the highway.1
- The 2020 Odyssey comes with a 3.5L V6 engine, standard across the range, producing 280 hp and 262 lb-ft of torque.
- All 2020 models have a ten-speed automatic transmission and front-wheel drive.
- Base LX models can accommodate seven people.
- All other trim levels feature seating for eight.
- The 2020 Honda Odyssey's total cargo space is 144.9 cubic feet with no passengers
- 89.2 cubic feet with only front and second-row passengers
- 32.8 cubic feet when carrying a full load of passengers
- The towing capacity for the 2020 Honda Odyssey is an estimated 3,500 lbs. with the 3.5L V6 when properly equipped.2
The Honda Odyssey has a strong sales history at CarMax. It has been featured in these ranking lists:
- 2nd - Best Minivans (2020)
5 Reasons to Buy
1. A SPACIOUS CABIN
The main reason for you choosing a 2020 Honda Odyssey minivan is likely its spacious interior. With its three rows of full-size seats across its huge 163-cubic-foot passenger cabin, you can easily drive around both kids and adults. Legroom in the front and middle rows is an impressive 40.9 inches and an almost equally spacious amount in the rear at 38.1 inches, giving even tall passengers enough room to sit comfortably on a long journey. And, with a shoulder-height cabin width of 60 inches, this Honda minivan can carry a lot more than just your passengers.
2. LUGGAGE CAPACITY
Unless you're just taking family or friends around town, you and your passengers will likely need room for belongings as well. The 2020 Honda Odyssey's 32 cubic feet of cargo volume behind the third row of seats will be more than enough for everyday luggage needs. The 60/40-split-folding rear seats mean you can increase the trunk size to around 89 cubic feet, and if that's still not enough, take out the second-row of seats completely and you've now got over 144 cubic feet of load space.
3. IT MAKES LIFE EASIER
Another thing you'll like about the 2020 Honda Odyssey is how its design features make it easier and more convenient to operate. The sliding side doors (powered on EX models and above) give passengers more space when getting in and out of the car. Loading up belongings is easier too from the EX-L upwards with its powered tailgate; on Touring and Elite models you can even enjoy the tailgate hands-free, perfect when you're carrying groceries or luggage. From the EX trim upwards you can also expect the Honda Sensing® package which brings a comprehensive assortment of driver-assistance technology.
4. PLENTY OF FEATURES
All 2020 Honda Odyssey models have such features as a multi-angle rearview camera, powered front seats, alloy wheels, and climate control. In higher trim levels you get Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ compatibility, extensive driver assistance, leather trim, voice-controlled navigation, and advanced rear entertainment. In the uppermost trim levels, you can keep eyes and ears on your rearmost passengers with CabinWatch® and CabinTalk® as well as Wi-Fi hotspot capability.3 There's even an integrated vacuum system—great for cleaning up after a family day out.
5. ENJOYABLE DRIVING PERFORMANCE
You should enjoy your time behind the wheel and the 2020 Honda Odyssey works hard to meet that expectation. The 280 hp produced by the 3.5L V6 motor will give you alert handling that almost feels like what you'd get from a sedan. That means the Odyssey accelerates strongly even when fully loaded, giving you a satisfying drive every mile of the way. In addition, the ultra-smooth ten-speed automatic transmission, now standard on all models, features paddle-shifters like you'd find on a sportscar, giving you that sense of control should you want to press on a little harder.
What You Need to Know
2020 Honda Odyssey: Available Trims
The 2020 Honda Odyssey is available in five separate trim levels:
- LX: Includes 18-inch alloy wheels, a multi-angle rearview camera, automatic climate control, powered front seats, 60/40-split-folding rear seats, and Bluetooth® streaming audio and handsfree. The LX also seats up to seven.
- EX: Adds power-sliding rear doors, heated front seats, automatic three-zone climate control, and Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility. This trim level also includes driver-assist features such as adaptive cruise control, forward-collision warning, automatic emergency braking, and more. Seating capacity is increased to eight.
- EX-L: Adds features including a power sunroof, power rear tailgate, leather interior, rear-cabin USB charging ports, an optional navigation system, and an optional rear entertainment system.
- Touring: Unlocks further convenience features such as front and rear parking sensors, a hands-free-access power tailgate, and a voice-controlled navigation system. Additional interior tech includes a high-resolution rear entertainment system, CabinWatch rear-cabin camera system, WiFi hotspot capability, and more.4
- Elite: The top trim level adds heated and ventilated front seats, a heated steering wheel, rain-sensing windshield wipers, power-folding mirrors, wireless phone charging, and an 11-speaker sound system. Externally, 19-inch machine-finished alloy wheels with gloss-black inserts round off the features list for Elite models.
2020 Honda Odyssey: Available Colors and Finishes
- Crystal Black Pearl (except LX)
- Deep Scarlet Pearl (except LX)
- Forest Mist Metallic (except LX)
- Lunar Silver Metallic
- Modern Steel Metallic
- Obsidian Blue Pearl
- Pewter Pacific Metallic (except LX)
- Platinum White Pearl
Honda Odyssey Average CarMax Prices
The 2020 Honda Odyssey is a newer model year and we currently have a limited number in our inventory. Pricing data for this model at CarMax is currently unavailable. See below to learn more about previous model years.
Similar Model Years
If you like the 2020 Odyssey, check out some previous model years of this vehicle with similar features.
Safety and Reliability
RepairPal® Reliability Ratings for the Honda Odyssey4
The 2020 Honda Odyssey is a newer model and we currently have a limited number in our inventory. You may also consider other used Honda Odysseys with similar features. Below are RepairPal reliability ratings for prior model years of the Honda Odyssey.
- Overall RepairPal Reliability Rating - 3.5/5.0
- Average annual cost of unscheduled repairs and maintenance - $547.00
RepairPal Reliability Ratings are based on the actual cost, frequency, and severity of unscheduled repairs and maintenance on make/model data for select 2010–2019 vehicles. The reliability of a specific vehicle may vary depending on its maintenance and driving history, model year, trim, and features. Learn more at www.carmax.com/repairpal-reliability.
NHTSA Safety Ratings - 2020 Honda Odyssey
The 2020 Honda Odyssey received an overall 5/5 by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Certain vehicles may have unrepaired safety recalls. Click here to look up a specific vehicle.
If you're interested in the 2020 Honda Odyssey, you should also check out these similar vehicles from previous model years.
The 2019 Toyota Sienna is a versatile minivan which, especially with the optional all-wheel drive, gives many SUVs some serious competition. The Sienna's interior configuration is flexible and functional, as you'd expect with a minivan, while also boasting impressive standard equipment and great optional features. For its immense versatility and fun driving experience, the Sienna is worth a look. The 2019 Sienna sports the following standard features:
- 3.5L V6 296-hp engine
- Available all-wheel drive
- Apple CarPlay and Amazon Alexa®
- Seating capacity of up to eight people
- Power sliding doors
The 2019 Dodge Grand Caravan offers a 3.6L V6 engine, a six-speed automatic transmission, and Stow 'N Go™ third-row seating. The Grand Caravan's rear cabin can also accommodate most adults comfortably in both its second- and third-row seats. A tight turning circle gives the Grand Caravan excellent maneuverability meaning it's great for city driving as well as navigating busy parking lots. 2019 models feature the following as standard:
- 3.6L V6 283-hp engine
- Tri-zone climate control
- Rearview camera
- Available Bluetooth and SiriusXM® Satellite Radio
- Seating capacity for seven people
First introduced in 2017, a relative newcomer to the minivan segment, the 2019 Chrysler Pacifica still feels fresh and exciting. Both the second- and third-row seats can fold away into the floor, freeing up a huge amount of cargo space. You can expect plenty of advanced entertainment tech and driver-assist options in upper trim levels. If you're looking for an up-to-date and capable minivan, the 2019 Chrysler Pacifica is well worth your consideration. It includes these standard features:
- 3.6L V6 287-hp engine
- Backup camera and rear parking aid
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Foldaway second- and third-row seats
- Seating capacity for seven people (option for eight above base trim level)
The Bottom Line
Whether you need a family car with lots of space or a versatile vehicle for transporting several people and their luggage, the exceptional 2020 Honda Odyssey is a great choice. The Odyssey full-size minivan offers a great combination of space, convenience, and levels of comfort without compromising on performance or driver satisfaction.
Looking to learn more? Check out these related articles:
1Fuel economy figures are based on EPA estimates for when vehicle sold as new. Fuel economy may vary for reasons like driving conditions and vehicle history. Unless specified, figures are for vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission. See fueleconomy.gov.
2Various factors may impact towing capacity, including weight of passengers, cargo, and options/accessories.
3Requires data plan and compatible device.
4RepairPal Reliability Ratings are provided by RepairPal and CarMax is not responsible for their accuracy. Learn more at repairpal.com/reliability.
Unless otherwise noted, information related to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.