Used Chevrolet Sonic for Sale
2019 Chevrolet Sonic LT
Available at your store CarMax Dulles, VA
2012 Chevrolet Sonic LS
Only available at CarMax Dulles, VA
2019 Chevrolet Sonic LT
$99 Shipping from CarMax Virginia Beach, VA
2017 Chevrolet Sonic Premier
$99 Shipping from CarMax Langhorne, PA
2015 Chevrolet Sonic LT
Coming soon to CarMax Newark, DE
About The Chevrolet Sonic
The Chevy Sonic is a subcompact car that is a good choice if you're seeking a responsive vehicle that will happily get you from A to B and is designed to maneuver into tight parking spaces in urban areas.
The Chevrolet Sonic gives you ample storage space, with the trunk of the 2019 sedan measuring 14.9 cubic feet, and plenty of legroom in the back seat which offers 34.6 inches of legroom in both sedan and hatchback models.
The 2019 "Chevy" Sonic comes as a sedan or hatchback and offers a modern infotainment system with a seven-inch, color touchscreen display, as well as a built-in Wi-Fi hotspot.
The Chevrolet has made the Sonic from 2012 to the present. The last few years have brought only minor tweaks, but there are a few differences between the 2019 Chevy Sonic and the 2016 Chevy Sonic that you should know. These differences include:
- The turbocharged engine became standard on the 2019 Sonic, while Chevy offered it as an option on the 2016 Sonic.
- The 2019 Sonic looks different from the 2016 Sonic because GM changed the exterior in 2017, giving the car a smaller grille and a new shape for the hood, headlights, and front fascia.
- Several features, both optional and standard, on the 2019 Sonic were not available on the 2016 Sonic. These include a power driver seat, keyless entry and push-button start, heated cloth seats, and a heated steering wheel.
Unless otherwise noted, information related to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.
Chevrolet Sonic Trim Configurations
The 2019 Chevrolet Sonic comes in three trim levels: LS, LT, and Premier, with the option of adding the RS package. Another trim level, the LTZ was available in previous Sonic generations from 2012–2016.
The LS trim is available for sedans only, while the LT and Premier trims are available for both sedans and hatchbacks. Here are the features you can expect to find on the most recent generation of the Chevy Sonic (2012 to present) across different trim levels:
LS - Trim levels for the 2019 Chevrolet Sonic start with the basic LS trim, which is for sedans only. In addition to the standard 1.4L Turbo Ecotec four-cylinder engine, the LS trim level includes:
- Standard rear vision camera
- StabiliTrak® electronic stability control system
- Ten standard airbags with a passenger sensing system
- LED daytime running lamps
- Chevrolet Infotainment System with a seven-inch, color touchscreen, as well as Apple Car Play™, and Android Auto™ phone projection capability
- Built-in Wi-Fi with available 4G LTE data
LT - The LT trim level, one of the three trim levels available in 2019, offers a step up from the basic LS trim. In addition to the standard 1.4L Turbo Ecotec four-cylinder engine and all the features listed for the LS trim, the LT trim level includes:
- Cruise control
- Keyless open and start available as an upgrade
- Remote start, which is standard on a hatchback and available as an option on a sedan, but requires automatic transmission
Premier - The Premier, the third trim level available on the 2019 Chevy Sonic, offers yet another step up from the LT trim. In addition to the standard 1.4L Turbo Ecotec four-cylinder engine and all the features listed on the LS and LT trim levels, the Premier trim level includes:
- Keyless open and start as standard
- Remote start which comes standard on both sedan and hatchback and requires automatic transmission
- Heated front seats
- Power-adjustable driver seat
LTZ - The LTZ trim level is only available on Chevy Sonics from 2012–2016. The LTZ trim includes:
- Rear backup camera
- Leatherette upholstery
- Heated front seats
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
RS package - The RS package is available as an add-on to the 2019 Chevy Sonic sedan and comes standard on the 2019 Chevy Sonic hatchback. The RS package includes:
- Sport body kit with a rear spoiler
- Leather-wrapped flat-bottom steering wheel
- Upgraded seating (red cloth at the LT trim level and black leatherette and suede microfiber at the Premier trim level)
Q: Do they still make the Chevy Sonic?
A: Yes. The Chevrolet division of General Motors Company still makes the Chevrolet Sonic. No matter which model year you buy, the Sonic is a great car, especially if you regularly drive in a busy city.
Q: Is the Chevy Sonic a Daewoo?
A: No, the Chevy Sonic is not a Daewoo. In 2012 the Chevy Sonic replaced the Chevy Aveo, a car that was originally manufactured by Daewoo Motors, which later became GM Korea.
Q: Which Chevy Sonic is turbo?
A: The 2019 Chevrolet Sonic comes with a turbocharged engine as standard. In previous years, this was an optional feature.
RepairPal gave the Chevrolet Sonic an overall reliability rating of 4 out of 5 stars, which RepairPal describes as Above Average. This rating ranks the Chevrolet Sonic 14th out of 21 among subcompact cars.
- Cost RepairPal reports that the average total annual cost for repairs and maintenance on a Chevrolet Sonic is $536, compared to an average of $520 for subcompact cars and $719 for all the vehicles RepairPal considered in its dataset.
- Frequency According to RepairPal, Chevrolet Sonic owners bring their vehicles into a repair shop for unscheduled repairs an average of 0.4 times per year, compared to an average of 0.3 times for subcompact cars and 0.5 times for all the vehicle models RepairPal considered in its dataset.
- Severity RepairPal reported that the probability of a repair being a severe or major issue is 11% for the Chevrolet Sonic, compared to an average of 11% for subcompact cars and 13% for all the vehicles RepairPal considered in its dataset.
RepairPal Reliability Ratings are based on the actual cost, frequency, and severity of unscheduled repairs and maintenance on make/model data for select 2010-2019 vehicles. The reliability of a specific vehicle may vary depending on its maintenance and driving history, model year, trim, and features.
*RepairPal Reliability Ratings are provided by RepairPal and CarMax is not responsible for their accuracy. These ratings are based on RepairPal Reliability data as of 12/31/2018. Learn more.
Reviews for Chevrolet Sonic
Lots of problems
A c stopped working Burning oil Electrical problems All ready had fixed 2x
- Fuel Economy:
- Cargo Space:
- Ride and Handling:
Great car for the price
Got the turbo engine model Lots of pickup, fast off the starting line. Clean, modern interior. Feels and looks like a race car inside. Small car so easy to maneuver. Large video display. For a small car, it doesn't have great visibility, I have to strain to see the back left and right, at least it's got a rear view camera that helps. Other cons are minor: the door lock is in the way if you want to rest your left arm on the door. Accelerator and brake pedals feel a bit awkwardly placed, my foot slips on them sometimes.
- Value: It's a great value for a car with this engine
- Ride and Handling: Fast and fun to drive
- Dashboard: Feels and looks like a sports car
- Visibility: Rear visibility isn't great
- Fuel Economy: Small gas tank
Solid, sporty subcompact
Great economy car with a little extra flash in the RS model. The 1.4 turbo engine gets excellent fuel mileage - I average about 37 mpg on my highway commute. Rides pretty well for a small car, too.
- Fuel Economy: Excellent mileage in all driving conditions
- Styling: Edgier than the average car
- Power: Turbo engine has extra pep when needed
- Technology and Entertainment: MyLink is fussy, doesn't always pair to phone
- Cabin Noise: Could be a little quieter at highway speeds
This price does not include tax, title, and tags. Additional fees may also apply depending on the state of purchase.