Used Chevrolet Suburban 1500 for Sale
2016 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LTZ
Only available at CarMax Fredericksburg, VA
2015 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LTZ
Only available at CarMax West Broad, VA
2015 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS
$99 Shipping from CarMax Turnersville, NJ
2016 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LTZ
$99 Shipping from CarMax Maple Shade, NJ
2019 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LT
Coming soon to CarMax Greensboro, NC
2013 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LTZ
Coming soon to CarMax Greensboro, NC
About the Chevrolet Suburban 1500
The Chevrolet Suburban has been on the market since 1935, making it one of the longest-lasting models to be admired on roads today. There's a good reason for the Suburban's household name — it’s a roomy SUV with plenty of features and a classy design.
Unless otherwise noted, information relating to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.
2013 - Present Chevrolet Suburban 1500 Trim Configurations
Chevrolet began offering the tenth generation of the Chevrolet Suburban in 2007 and continued the generation through the 2014 model. The tenth generation Chevrolet Suburban saw updates to the vehicle's exterior that were designed to make the SUV look a little more modern and less boxy as well as improve the vehicle's aerodynamics. The Suburban also gained a new 5.3L V8 engine, improved seats as well as a number of other interior updates, and several new technology features.
The 2013 and 2014 Chevrolet Suburban models were offered in three different trim levels. These trim levels are:
- LS - The LS trim of the tenth generationChevrolet Suburban features black assist steps, rear park assist, remote keyless entry, Bluetooth® connectivity, and more.
- LT - The LT trim of the tenth generationChevrolet Suburban features everything found on the LS trim as well as tri-zone automatic climate control, an optional power sunroof, an optional power liftgate, and more.
- LTZ - The LTZ trim of the tenth generationChevrolet Suburban features everything found on the LT trim as well as a heated steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, chrome door handles, and more.
The 2015 Chevrolet Suburban marked the beginning of the vehicle's current generation.The eleventh generation Chevrolet Suburban was made lighter than its predecessor by crafting the liftgate panels and hoods out of aluminum. The new generation also saw a few other updates to the exterior of the vehicle that were designed to make the Chevrolet Suburban more aerodynamic and reduce its cabin noise.
The eleventh generationChevrolet Suburban still comes equipped with a 5.3L V8 engine. The interior of the Chevrolet Suburban received a number of updates, including increased leg room on the second row, the inclusion of numerous new USB ports, and a wide range of other minor updates. Of course, the eleventh generation Chevrolet Suburban also features all of the latest technology options, including rear cross traffic alert, magnetic ride control suspension, a Chevrolet MyLink Radio with navigation, and more depending on the exact year model and trim level that you select.
2015 - Present Trims
The eleventh generation Chevrolet Suburban comes available in four different trim levels. These trim levels are:
- LS - The LS trim of the eleventh generation Chevrolet Suburban features a rearview camera, teen driver technology, black assist steps, and more.
- LT - The LT trim of theeleventh generation Chevrolet Suburban features everything found on the LS trim as well as aBose® premium 9-speaker audio system, forward collision alert, a programmable power liftgate, and more.
- LTZ - The LT trim of theeleventh generation Chevrolet Suburban features everything found on the LS trim as well as second-row bucket seats with power release, 20-inch aluminum wheels, rear cross traffic alert, and more.
- Premier - The Premier trim replaced theChevrolet Suburban's LTZ trim starting with the 2017 model. For the 2018 model, this trim features everything found on the 2018 LT trim as well as magnetic ride control suspension, front and rear park assist, heated second-row seats, and more.
RepairPal gave the Chevrolet Suburban 1500 an overall reliability rating of 3 out of 5 stars, which RepairPal describes as Average. This rating ranks the Chevrolet Suburban 1500 9th out of 14 among fullsize SUVs.
- Cost RepairPal reports that the average total annual cost for repairs and maintenance on a Chevrolet Suburban 1500 is $821, compared to an average of $758 for fullsize SUVs and $719 for all the vehicles RepairPal considered in its dataset.
- Frequency According to RepairPal, Chevrolet Suburban 1500 owners bring their vehicles into a repair shop for unscheduled repairs an average of 0.4 times per year, compared to an average of 0.4 times for fullsize SUVs and 0.5 times for all the vehicle models RepairPal considered in its dataset.
- Severity RepairPal reported that the probability of a repair being a severe or major issue is 18% for the Chevrolet Suburban 1500, compared to an average of 16% for fullsize SUVs and 13% for all the vehicles RepairPal considered in its dataset.
RepairPal Reliability Ratings are based on the actual cost, frequency, and severity of unscheduled repairs and maintenance on make/model data for select 2010-2019 vehicles. The reliability of a specific vehicle may vary depending on its maintenance and driving history, model year, trim, and features.
*RepairPal Reliability Ratings are provided by RepairPal and CarMax is not responsible for their accuracy. These ratings are based on RepairPal Reliability data as of 12/31/2018. Learn more.
Reviews for Chevrolet Suburban 1500
Suburbans are great but I still miss the Astros
Powerful enough for hauling trailers, but still good gas mileage. Very comfortable ride. But a little short on space
- Safety: Good ratings on safety
- Value: Car was involved in an accident, but I called the police station in the town where it happened. Airbags didn't even go off, just a minor fender bender. Very good value therefor
- Braking: Braking system is set up to connect with trailers.
- Cargo Space: Very small cargo space. Miss my Astro van. From the looks of Chevy blogs A lot of other people miss cargo space too
- Fuel Economy: My first V8, but it's good as V8s go
Driving your couch
Gas mileage is in the low 20's if you drive ecenomically and keep it below 75 mph. Has a little trouble at lower speeds but the variable engine compensates. Cabin is spacious and comfortable.
- Fuel Economy: At 22 MPG the cruise distance is over 500 miles. Makes for less frequent stops.
- Interior Space: Room for two kayaks inside. Very easy to reconfigure seats
- Weather Versatility: Bring it.
- Visibility: The vehicle is a tank. You have to get used to the hood being so prominent
- Styling: I am 5'10" and need a step stool to check the oil.
CarMax sold me the Surburban about 8000 cheaper than I could get at a Dealer lot
It has room for a large family or a group of friends The third seat will seat two avg size people comfortbily or three children
- Ride and Handling: It is the third vehicle I have bought from CarMax all have been high quality
- Cabin Noise: Very quiet
- Technology and Entertainment: The Bose system,theDVD player and navigation systems at every help full and a pleasure to have and operate
This price does not include tax, title, and tags. Additional fees may also apply depending on the state of purchase.