Used Chevrolet Traverse for Sale
About the Chevy Traverse
An ideal family SUV, the Chevrolet Traverse is a stylish midsize SUV for sale that offers smooth handling, an abundance of passengers and cargo space, and an impressive range of technology options. Starting with the 2018 model, the Chevrolet Traverse entered its second generation and was updated to include a redesigned interior and exterior, a redesigned engine, and a number of new technology options. If you are looking for a roomy SUV that offers smooth handling and plenty of exciting features, purchasing a used Chevrolet Traverse is a great option to consider.
Unless otherwise noted, information relating to these featured vehicles comes from third-party sources, including manufacturer information. Product and company names may be trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of third-party entities. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by these entities.
Q: Does the Chevrolet Traverse Have Third-Row Seating?
A: Yes, the 2014-2019 Chevrolet Traverse does have third-row seating. The Chevrolet Traverse is capable of seating either seven or eight passengers depending on the trim that you select.
Q: Is the Chevrolet Traverse AWD?
A: The 2014-2019 Chevrolet Traverse comes standard with an FWD drivetrain. However, AWD is an available option on upper trims.
Q: What Kind of Gas Mileage Does the Chevrolet Traverse Get?
A: The 2018 Chevrolet Traverse gets an EPA estimated 21 mpg combined city/highway when equipped with a 3.6L V6 engine and an automatic transmission.1
Q: Where is the Chevrolet Traverse Built?
A: The Chevrolet Traverse is currently being manufactured at the GM Lansing Delta Township Assembly plant. This plant is located in Lansing, Michigan.
1Fuel economy figures are based on EPA estimates when vehicles sold as new. Fuel economy may vary for reasons like driving conditions and vehicle history. Unless specified, figures are for vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission. See fueleconomy.gov for details.
Chevy Traverse Trim Configurations
The 2014-2017 Chevrolet Traverse is for sale in four different trim configurations:
• LS - The LS trim of the 2014-2017 Chevrolet Traverse includes features such as a 6.5-inch color touchscreen display, a rearview camera, Bluetooth® audio streaming, premium cloth seating, and more!
• 1LT - The 1LT trim of the 2014-2017 Chevrolet Traverse includes everything found on the LS trim as well as power-adjustable, heated outside mirrors, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, rear park assist, remote start, and more!
• 2LT - The 2LT trim of the 2014-2017 Chevrolet Traverse includes everything found on the 1LT trim as well as heated front seats, a Bose® 10-speaker audio system, a power-remote liftgate, tri-zone automatic climate control, and more!
• LTZ - The LTZ trim of the 2014-2017 Chevrolet Traverse includes everything found on the 2LT trim as well as leather-appointed seating, blind zone alert, heated and cooled front seats, a heated steering wheel, and more!
2018-2019 Chevrolet Traverse Trim Configurations
The 2018-2019 Chevrolet Traverse is for sale in six different trim configurations. These trim configurations include:
• LS - The LS trim of the 2018-2019 Chevrolet Traverse includes features such as a 310 hp 3.6L V6 engine, a rearview camera, LED daytime running lights, push-button start, tri-zone automatic climate control, and more!
• 1LT - The 1LT trim of the 2018-2019 Chevrolet Traverse includes everything found on the LS trim as well as fog lamps, roof rails, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, second-row captain's chairs, power-adjustable, heated outside mirrors, and more!
• 3LT - The 3LT trim of the 2018-2019 Chevrolet Traverse includes everything found on the 1LT trim as well as leather-appointed seats, rear park assist, heated front seats, a Bose® 10-speaker audio system, and more!
• RS - The RS trim of the 2018-2019 Chevrolet Traverse includes everything found on the 3LT trim as well as a 257 ho 2.0L turbocharged four-cylinder engine, and signature black accents.
• Premier - The Premier trim of the 2018-2019 Chevrolet Traverse includes everything found on the 3LT trim as well as chrome door handles, heated second-row captain's chairs, a wireless charging pad, a heated steering wheel, and more!
• High Country - The High Country trim of the 2018-2019 Chevrolet Traverse includes everything found on the Premier trim as well as an AWD drivetrain, high beam assist, adaptive cruise control, a power tilt-sliding sunroof, and more!
Chevrolet Traverse vs Other SUVs
• 2018 Chevrolet Traverse vs 2018 Honda Pilot - The passenger space in the 2018 Traverse is very similar to the passenger space offered by the 2018 Honda Pilot, with both vehicles offering around 41 inches of legroom and headroom in the front seat. The 2018 Pilot also offers a little more cargo volume - offering a max cargo volume of 109 cubic ft compared to the 98.2 cubic ft of cargo space offered by the 2018 Traverse. The 2018 Chevrolet Traverse, however, comes equipped with a slightly more powerful base engine that is rated for 310 hp compared to the 280 hp engine found in the 2018 Pilot.
• 2018 Chevrolet Traverse vs 2018 Ford Explorer - The 2018 Chevrolet Traverse offers more cargo space than the 81.7 cubic feet of max cargo space offered by the 2018 Ford Explorer but nearly identical passenger space. The 2018 Traverse features a slightly more powerful engine than the 2018 Explorer - which comes equipped with a 280 hp base engine - and both vehicles are comparable in terms of technology options, with both offering standard features such as a rearview camera and a touchscreen display.
• 2018 Chevrolet Traverse vs 2018 Chevrolet Equinox - The 2018 Chevrolet Equinox is a two-row SUV that is considerably smaller than the 2018 Traverse, offering 63.5 cubic ft of max cargo space compared to the 98.2 cubic ft. of max cargo space found in the 2018 Traverse. The 2018 Chevrolet Traverse also features a more premium interior and a considerably more powerful engine than the 137 hp base engine found in the 2018 Equinox.
RepairPal gave the Chevrolet Traverse an overall reliability rating of 4 out of 5 stars, which RepairPal describes as Above Average. This rating ranks the Chevrolet Traverse 20th out of 31 among Midsize SUVs.
- Cost RepairPal reports that the average total annual cost for repairs and maintenance on a Chevrolet Traverse is $574, compared to an average of $475 for Midsize SUVs and $556 for all the vehicles RepairPal considered in its dataset.
- Frequency According to RepairPal, Chevrolet Traverse owners bring their vehicles into a repair shop for unscheduled repairs an average of 0.7 times per year, compared to an average of 1.1 times for Midsize SUVs and 1.4 times for all the vehicle models RepairPal considered in its dataset.
- Severity RepairPal reported that the probability of a repair being a severe or major issue is 13% for the Chevrolet Traverse, compared to an average of 12% for Midsize SUVs and 12% for all the vehicles RepairPal considered in its dataset.
RepairPal Reliability Ratings are based on the actual cost, frequency, and severity of unscheduled repairs and maintenance on make/model data for select 2006-2020 vehicles. The reliability of a specific vehicle may vary depending on its maintenance and driving history, model year, trim, and features.
*RepairPal Reliability Ratings are provided by RepairPal and CarMax is not responsible for their accuracy. These ratings are based on RepairPal Reliability data as of 09/01/2021. Learn more.
Reviews for Chevrolet Traverse
Nice truck with low mileage
I like the size of the SUV. I have previously had 2 smaller SUVs and was ready to bump up to the next size. I like the way it handles. Drives like a car, not a truck. Plenty of leg room in the back seat and third row. The only con would be if the driver seat could raise up a little higher. I'm 5'6, and i prefer to sit a bit higher. To me it sits a little low. I would imagine someone shorter would have a problem with the height on it.
- Cargo Space: Plenty of leg room.
- Interior Space: I like that all of the controls are on the steering wheel; volume, change stations
- Styling: I don't like that the rear windshield wiper is down low where the console and usb port is at. You have to look down to turn it on/off, and take your eyes off the road.
- Seat Comfort: Seat comfort is fine, however the chair doesn't rise up that high. Someone shorter would have a problem with this.
Car consistently has problems
This car is a great car, my aunt and uncle own one. Hiwever, the car I bought from carmax has had problems from the first week we bought it. We have had the car for 90 days and have had it serviced twice and there are still problems. The car does not run smooth, it shakes (i just got the car a coille days ago from being serviced). Of i had the opportunity i would bring the car back. I have been stuck on the freeway from the car not running, multiple tow truck bills and stress, i shouldn't feel this way about a new car. I have had to fight to get it fixed properly and yet, it still does not run well. I don't believe i was sold a good car.
- Interior Space:
- Ride and Handling: It shakes and stalls when accelerating
- Cost to Maintain: I've spent a lot to fix this car within 90 days of owning it
- Reliability: The car has broken down on a busy freeway
I love it...except....
Its a great car overall. lots of room for people and luggage for road trips. Its had good pickup and the features it offers is great for the price point. the only peeve of mine is the defrost for the windshield. It does a terrible job for clearing the windshield in really cold conditions. Its very loud and the edges of the windshield never really defrost. Its frustrating. Another peeve of mine is the blind spots. Im still getting used to the backup cameras so I still look before backing up. There are significant blindspots in the rear.
- Cargo Space: We are a family of 4 plus dog and we get it all in for road trips.
- Fuel Economy: Its better than our F-150 for road trips!
- Ride and Handling: Its rides very smooth and so easy to drive
- Visibility: Huge blindspots
- Weather Versatility: The front defrost SUCKS.
- Value: Compared to the other vehicles I considered, this car has a better value for the features it offers.
This price does not include tax, title, and tags. Additional fees may also apply depending on the state of purchase.